Random start cadence is coming in 2011.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Random start cadence is coming in 2011.

Postby bnd » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:56 am

Off of V....

"ABA will use the "Random Gate" for all classes at all Nationals in 2011. This does not apply to local tracks, but if you have a capable system, you can start using it at local tracks in 2011 as well."

Thank you!
b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

b2
Not a Troll!

Re: Random start cadence is coming in 2011.

Postby b2 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:37 am

bnd wrote:Off of V....

"ABA will use the "Random Gate" for all classes at all Nationals in 2011. This does not apply to local tracks, but if you have a capable system, you can start using it at local tracks in 2011 as well."

Thank you!
b.

Don't you know to cite your references? "Off of V" doesn't mean anything unless it came from Shannon or one of the other ABA staff. :)

LocoTone
GT

Postby LocoTone » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:37 pm

So, "can" does not equal "must", and who gets decide "if"' and "when"?

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:10 pm

I PM'ed my friend Dave who posted that, he's a T.O. He received a letter in the mail from the ABA.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:25 pm

bnd wrote:I PM'ed my friend Dave who posted that, he's a T.O. He received a letter in the mail from the ABA.

b.

I went over there and saw that thread. Still appears as though it's optional for locals.

Ron M
The TO

Postby Ron M » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:09 pm

FYI.... Rad Canyon also received the same announcement from the ABA. ABA Ntl's will use the random cadence for all classes starting in 2011. They also stated that local tracks may continue to use the old cadence in 2011, "However, for most tracks, the key is to have your riders racing with the same starting system they will encounter at the highest level of competition - ABA Nationals!"
Rad Canyon has now had the random cadence for a couple years & used it some in practices and the Pro Am indoor races. With the above announcement, Rad Canyon will plan on switching to the randon cadence for all its races no later than our first Jan 2011 race, might even switch earlier in the indoor season(Oct / Nov) if the riders desire.

Ron Melton
Rad Canyon

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:13 pm

Ron M wrote:FYI.... Rad Canyon also received the same announcement from the ABA. ABA Ntl's will use the random cadence for all classes starting in 2011. They also stated that local tracks may continue to use the old cadence in 2011, "However, for most tracks, the key is to have your riders racing with the same starting system they will encounter at the highest level of competition - ABA Nationals!"
Rad Canyon has now had the random cadence for a couple years & used it some in practices and the Pro Am indoor races. With the above announcement, Rad Canyon will plan on switching to the randon cadence for all its races no later than our first Jan 2011 race, might even switch earlier in the indoor season(Oct / Nov) if the riders desire.

Ron Melton
Rad Canyon

Now that sounds like some definitive information right there... and not to minimize what Bruce was saying, because I know he's a guy with connections, but this message from Ron is "from the horse's mouth" as far as I'm concerned and will throw all speculation out the window. Thanks for chiming in, Ron!

slc-danza
Schwinn

Postby slc-danza » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:45 pm

That's great news! I think the random start cadence is such a good idea and will make things a little more exciting. I actually wish we could start using it this upcoming outdoor season.

Return to “UtahBMX”