Feb 13-15th Weekend

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

WayneMcCabe
NEXT

Feb 13-15th Weekend

Postby WayneMcCabe » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:25 pm

Hey all Utah & Wyoming Old Guys,
I believe the following Colorado old guys will be showing up. We like to bring our own motos.
Ray Luscombe 36x
Joey Guerra 41x, 46-50 cruiser (If you watch him jump, you will not believe he is 46)
Jim Dukes 41x, 41-45 Cruiser
Wayne McCabe 41x, 41-45 Cruiser

I believe Brandon Good will also be there.

Boy wouldn't it be a great weekend if all of us and the following show up for some fun:
Beau McAffey (sp?)
Bruce Ritter
Steve Spencer
Jason Melton

sspencer
Factory Bikini Cuts Hotshoe

Re: Feb 13-15th Weekend

Postby sspencer » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:59 pm

Hey Wayne,

You had me mixed up for a minute when I saw the dates and I was thinking "We dont have a race that weekend in SLC... do we?!" Then I realized you were talking about Rock Springs. Not as sharp as I use to be I tell ya'.

It would be cool if we could round up the crew and head up RS. I believe we will be a little short handed for the old guy representation.
- Bruce is on out on opposable appendage injured reserve/hiatus/semi-retirement/denial :P
- Stephen Kisslinger is out with a broken wing :(
- Yours truly is out waiting for results on a possible herniated disc :(

Hopefully Jason, Chris Clift, Steve Olsen, Justin Alvey, Dallas Edwards, Micheal Ervin and the rest of the Utah wrecking crew (and I mean that literally) can make the trip up to represent. It would be good to see you guys. Maybe I will just have to come up to heckle you guys :lol:

Take care and hope to see you soon,
Steve
Spence'- dizzle fo'- shizzle
UTAH BMX Charter Member

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:09 pm

You also need to add "self-loathing" to my resume.

Nice to see you posting here Wayne & I wish I could make it. Beau is still racing but maybe not his 20". His cousin Billy is going really fast. A new group of old geezs are starting to take the reins representing OS Utah BMX. Not only is Steves back killing him but I'm sure he's getting about as much sleep as me right now with a newbie little one at home.

Do you guys still have an indoor there in Colorado?

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

mervin
Intense

Postby mervin » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:30 pm

(Hopefully Jason, Chris Clift, Steve Olsen, Justin Alvey, Dallas Edwards, Micheal Ervin and the rest of the Utah wrecking crew (and I mean that literally) can make the trip up to represent. It would be good to see you guys. Maybe I will just have to come up to heckle you guys :lol: )

Ouch Steve! I can't help i break a chain tryin to impress you at the clinic....lol It's not everyday you get to learn proper gates and gate posture from Steve Spencer......By the way thanks my gates feel much better now i just need to get the rest down and graduate out and into the national scene. see you on friday to help with the track. what time do you want me there?

Mike

Carson
NEXT

Postby Carson » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:16 pm

This will be our first weekend going to Rock Springs, my boy is looking forward to the trip. If anyone has any input on where to stay and how the track is, it would be appreciated.

Hopefully a few folks from Salt Lake will be there.

mervin
Intense

Postby mervin » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:10 pm

carson,
I don't know where everyone else stays but my family and i just hit the super 8 one exit before the exit to the track there are a few hotels in the area but super 8 always seems to have pretty good prices on rooms. hope that helps have fun out there.

Micheal

stephen kisslinger
Schwinn

Postby stephen kisslinger » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:39 pm

Me and the Patterson crew just slept at the track(me and deisel snuggled up in the back seat of his camaro...cozy!) LOL they let us pull our trucks into the arena and the Wyoming crew was very acommidating, showers on site as well (even deisel took a shower) and they fed us, so for those who dont mind roughing it , knock yourself out . Back in the day like 1985 my father found a piece of plywood and slept on it(Egg Harbor, N.J.) NBL war of the stars I actually kicked butt that weekend doubling on cruiser...dad well that's another story!

Return to “UtahBMX”