Rad Indoors Consumer Survey!!!!!!

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Rad Indoors Consumer Survey!!!!!!

Postby mackdaddy » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:21 pm

Well the new management at Rad Canyon would like to see what new races or classes the riders would like to see.

Now before we all throw out ideas, let me tell you, we would like to intro some news ideas to create some excitement at the races

Also We will try to implement them but we will not guarantee we will be able to do all of them.

Mountain bike classes are a sure bet so let all the mtn bikers know!!!! We will run the Mtn bike classes on Fri, Sat and sun if they make

Do the riders want to see pit bike races? A clipless race? A great 8 or trophy dash race?
If you want to see classes implemented please provide some details on rules and age breakdowns

Just for info we will probably only run these races on Sat when we have plenty of time
We want all the riders to chime in

We would like to have some fun at the indoor races

Lets make this a great indoor season
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

Geddo

Postby Geddo » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:49 am

I would like for the "No Clips" race to continue. Is there a final indoor schedule that can get posted soon?

Thanks,

Lee

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:26 pm

Lee it is under the race report section
Thanks for the feedback and the no clips flats only race is under very serious consideration
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
(801)860-9357

Punk-Biker940
GT

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:57 pm

I liked the race at the indoor when it was kindof a relay race. that was fun. It would also be fun to do more "No clips race." and IT would be cool since there isnt alot of girls that race at rad, to squeeze all the girls into one moto just for fun u know, not dfor points or anything.

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:37 am

thanks for the feedback Alex
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
(801)860-9357

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:47 pm

How about just running some good, old fashioned
opens?
~Curtis

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:18 pm

HMMMMMM!!!!
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
(801)860-9357

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:02 am

Guess no one else cares about what races we run :cry:

Ok will work on something anyway
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
(801)860-9357

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

Postby greg » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:05 am

my vote is for no-clips races

I also second Curtis with the old fasioned open classes or trophy dashes.
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

Geddo

Postby Geddo » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:18 am

How about trying some "blind" draw team races? It could work something like this:

1. Get 5 buckets/boxes label them Novice, Inter, Expert, Girl & Cruiser

2. Have those interested drop their name in the respected bucket (allow cruiser riders to place their name in both class and cruiser)

3. Before moto's post, see which bucket has the least amount of names in it and that's how many teams you can form.

4. Pick 1 name out of each bucket (without looking) and that makes up the team...It would be luck of the draw so the youngsters need to know their name may not get picked :(

5. Post the teams and have fun racing!

Just a thought. I don't mind taking this bull by the horns if you decide to try it.

See all of you at the indoor!

Geddo

p.s.- Maybe some kind of a little prize can be given out to the winning team...like a Gatorade or something???

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:50 pm

One time in Logan indoor we did a huffy race. Randy Roberts ran out and purchased a couple of cheap huffy bikes. Then they ran a relay race. With only four people to a team. I have never laughed so hard in my life. That was great fun....

Tyler Edvalson

Punk-Biker940
GT

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:16 pm

Just a thought, but it would be cool to have a foot race. So like you would RUN the whole track. I think it would be funny. or like have a jumping contest, or like a time trial or something....

bmxchris73
GT

Postby bmxchris73 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:28 pm

Pit bike races would be fun to have. We could have them after the main events so that no one gets tired doing a pit bike race and then can't race the main and also people who don't want to do them can just leave if after the races instead of staying to watch just an idea :D

Dave W
28-35 State Champ

Postby Dave W » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:34 pm

I like the idea of true open races. I like the team concept with the names in a bucket. Unfortunately my wife told me today she will divorce me if I ever plan to race again(we'll have to see how that goes) while I was on the phone with Monster Mike. Anyway I plan to show up and am able to assist in anything that doesn't involve lifting over 10 pounds. Let me know if you need track volunteers or something so I can do more than dream about the track.

Dave Williams

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:29 pm

Here's my takes, take them or leave them.

New track designs. - Think outside the box guys. That's what Rock Springs did over the last 3-5 years & look what became of it......decision makers when nobody else was doing them, jumps in the middle of berms, different layouts everytime. They have settled on a basic layout nowadays but some of the past ones were great. Just once I would like to *not see* a fricking roller right out of the gate!

Opens. - Funny, everybody wants them but when the tracks do offer them they don't fill out & end up being goof-off sessions. If there was some sort of prize for the winner that might make the riders take it more seriously.
How about a Cruiser Open? They were always popular bitd.

Pit bikes. - This always pulls a good rider count, offer it at every race.

No-Clips. - There was a reason I only held 2 of them this summer, so people wouldn't get tired of it. If you hold them on a regular basis, it's going to become like the open races..........SOS. One night, once a month is what I would like to do to keep it fresh.

Mt. Bikes. - To me, this is the biggest winner out of all the ideas because holding these would actually bring in possible new members. Last year the MTB races failed because they were not promoted (hardly). Every effort should be made to promote these races with contacts being made to Cycling Utah, the Tribune (Rec. Roundup) & getting flyers to every major bike shop in the valley. A description of the event could be written up here at UTBMX & a link could be included on all the info handed out to the public.

Other than my 2-cents, RC indoors is ran pretty awesome.

b.

Return to “UtahBMX”