UtahBMX.com "DVD" Easter Egg

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

J Gallo
Web Guy

UtahBMX.com "DVD" Easter Egg

Postby J Gallo » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:04 am

Are you familiar with "Easter Eggs" on DVD's? It's usually some "hidden" feature you find by clicking a certain link.

Anyway, UtahBMX.com right now has an "Easter Egg". I've been working on the site redesign and it's going faster than anticipated (mainly because my entire family is sick so no one bothered me all day Saturday while I worked on the site :) ). So I re-vamped one of the pages on this site, all you have to do is find the right *link* (<-- HINT) to click to check it out.

Once you find it, I'd really like to know what you think of the new design. Here's a couple highlights:

• No more "background" image - Faster page loads!!
  • No more left slide menu - more accessible to all browsers!
  • Amount of coding reduced by half - Faster page loads!
  • For those web design junkies, no more tables!!

I still have a few small issues to work out, but I should have it wrapped up in a week or two (depending how fast my family gets well! :lol: LOL )

As always, thanks for your support!
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:08 am

Has anyone found it yet? Or is it so bad you're thinking the "Well, if you don't have anything nice to say, ...... " rule applys here? :)

Well, for those that might not have found it:

http://www.utahbmx.com/links.htm

Ideas, comments and suggestions always welcome!
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

UtahLori
Utah's Girl Pro Mom

Postby UtahLori » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:32 am

I found it yesterday but just did not have the time to reply because I was at work.

I like both the old and the new design.

Do alot of people really have problems with the drop down menues? I like them. It keeps things clean and uncluttered and you dont have to load page after page to get where you want to go. However, I am no web designer so I have no idea how many people have trouble with them. So carry on! You do a great job with it and no matter which way you go it will be awesome!

LM

PS I like the new colors and how it looks a lot!

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:40 am

At that time, I needed the slide menu because I didn't really design anywhere for the links to go. So it filled a need, but I didn't like it because it required javascript, which some people turn off in their browsers. Also, that slide menu is not accessible to people using something other than computers, like web phones and internet PDA's (though not many visit this site I'm sure).

And I did get a few emails from people who had difficulty accessing the slide menu to utilize the links.

I'm glad you like it. And if you like the design of the old site, that's good too because the basic structure (3 columns) won't change for the time being. I like the way that layout works so everything is included on the front page. But the current background image has a hint of what the site will become in the future. It's hard to explain, but notice how the center column is raised, and has a "tab" to the right at the top? Down the road, the front page will have multiple tabs down the right side to access various content on the front page, which will display in a raised center column. Did I lose anyone yet? :)

Anyway, all I want to do is create a page with as much information as possible, that downloads fast for all users (dialup and broadband), and is somewhat pleasing to the eye.

Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate any feedback I can get! :)
Gallo

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:38 pm

Check out these colors:

http://www.utahbmx.com/links.htm
Gallo

Dave W
28-35 State Champ

Postby Dave W » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:10 am

It looks good.
Dave

Punk-Biker940
GT

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:17 pm

Thats awesome!!

Return to “UtahBMX”