Is BMX an unrealistic life goal?

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

J Gallo
Web Guy

Is BMX an unrealistic life goal?

Postby J Gallo » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:31 am

Funny BMX story:

For those that don't know, my wife works for the State Office of Education, in the Special Education Dept. For her job, she is required to travel to various schools around the state and check for compliance, but also to assist and sometimes give presentations on special education topics.

So the other day she was down in Garfield County (southeastern part of the state), and one of her colleagues was talking about goal setting for life after school, and one of the teachers asked what to do when kids set "unrealistic" goals. So of course, she needed an example of what they considered to be an "unrealistic" goal. The teacher replied something to the effect of "Well, I have a child who wants to be a pro BMX'er". So instantly my wife starts laughing, and describes how I (at my advanced age :) ), still ride BMX in addition to having a job and family.

So now, my wife and her colleague have worked me into their presentations when they cover this specific subject. I guess it's good for a few laughs :)

Just thought I'd share that story.....
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Dave W
28-35 State Champ

Postby Dave W » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:13 am

No, you at your age. Don't you have something better to do with yourself?
JK
Dave

Punk-Biker940
GT

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:16 pm

Thats Awesome! In fact at my school we had to write down what we like about ourselves and I put that the fact that I'm the only girl in my school that races BMX out of the four BMXers that go to my school(Matt Boyd, Spencer Prawitt, Mackenly Wachter, and myslef). Its cool, cause this one kid said that he wanted to be a pro bmxer when he grew up, and I was thinking well maybe he should go to Rad Canyon and check it out, So I told him that and he saidf he might be able top check it out sometime, and I said well hurry cause the season is almost over and he said well I will ask my mom about it so you never know we might have another new BMXer so who knows??

Return to “UtahBMX”