static plates

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

dopebmx

static plates

Postby dopebmx » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:35 pm

Static is proud to annouce that 50/50 is the offical bike shop for Static. Drop in and see what panty and fuzzy have done to make a true bmx pro shop. They carry gt, schwinn, fit , or can get anything you need for bmx race, street, vert or dirt.
So if you want to get the products from the people who do bmx for a living not a hobby stop by the shop.

sspencer
Factory Bikini Cuts Hotshoe

Postby sspencer » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:52 pm

Mike,
I dont know too many people who "do BMX for a living" let alone BMX racing. I DO APPRECIATE any one who is out at the track helping out the riders. These people do it for the passion of the sport... not the money.

Steve

dopebmx

bmx for a living

Postby dopebmx » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:25 pm

steve
you don't know anyone who does bmx racing for the money. you build tracks for a company that uses BMX racing as a living. if they were non profit like other organizations then i could see your point. Tell me that Bernie or BA is not paying their bills by using bmx racing as a living. Tell that to greg hill or some one else that relies on bmx for their living. better yet go out this weekend and tell the supercamp that the money they make off the clinics does not go towards Burlins house payment. Ask them to donate their money they made to the track and see how far you get. I have spent the last 9 years doing it for a living. I promote and sponsor bmx on a daily basis. i have donated more money (MY MONEY Not my Bosses Money) to the local and national scene than i have ever taken in. There are some of us who do this for a living and still promote the sport. i don't do it for the money because there is no money in the sport of bmx. i do it because i would like to see the sport of bmx grow.

sspencer
Factory Bikini Cuts Hotshoe

Postby sspencer » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:48 pm

Mike,
I guess I did not put enough detail in my comment. "I dont know too many people who "do BMX for a living" let alone BMX support racing locally. Your comment appeared to have a bitter-edge to it about part timers supporting BMX. My point is that outside of Performance Bike Parts and Bicycle Pro Shop, I do not see anybody else out at the track, week in and week out, providing a service to the riders.

True, Bernie and Burlin do make money from BMX. They arent millionaires, thats for sure. That is the great thing about living in the good ol' USA is "free enterprise". If you can create a business and be successful along the way, more power to you. If you are making a living from it, that is great and thank you for all that you have contributed.
I think the whole "NBL is non-profit" phrase is greatly misunderstood. Everyone who works in the NBL offices receives a paycheck and Bob Tedesco is paid very handsomely as the president. To me, it doesnt matter because we are fortunate enough to have two sanctioning bodies that provide us with facilities, insurance, etc. We have a choice to race one sanction or another or both. WE are the only country that has has this privilege. But at the end of the day, as far as the sport is concerned, it isnt about NBL or ABA, S&M or Staats, Static or Tangent.... it is about BMX and those who support the great sport.

I thank everyone who support BMX. Everyone from industry figures all the way down to the person picking up garbage at the track. I travel all over the country and see alot of local programs, the supporters and the riders and I can honestly say that Utah is the best!

Good luck to all this weekend!
Steve - BMXer 4 Life

Heather Allred
Huffy Queen

Postby Heather Allred » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:03 pm

Steve
Well said, I don't think anyone could have said that better.

Heather

dopebmx

staticplates

Postby dopebmx » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:21 pm

steve
if i came off in a neg matter it was not intened. i was not singleing out any track vender for what they do or dont do. we just choose to do business from a shop. Maybe now we can get other idbs to help generate a growth in bmx. I know THAT SOME SHOPS DO NOT WANT TO CARRY BMX RACING DUE TO LACK OF RETURN .if pro bike parts or peformance bikes TOOK IT PERSONALLY, then i am sorry. it was not intentional directed at any certian party. We just choose to help grow the sport a more traditionally way. All i can say is this is that the pursiut of ones interest UnITENTIONALLY promotes the interest of others, invisible hand doctrine.

MIKE

Return to “UtahBMX”