Thanks a lot Dave, now I want a Black Market

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

joker75
SBC Army

Re: Thanks a lot Dave, now I want a Black Market

Postby joker75 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:00 am

Not the best pics, but I haven't been able to get better ones yet. Here's mine.

And Kota's
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

ogr13
COG

Postby ogr13 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:10 pm

Nice!
If the weather holds, and I get my chores done, we can go play next weekend :mrgreen:
Dave Cote
Crazy Old Guy

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:32 pm

I'm even off next weekend, so I should be able to play too.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

sixstringsteve
GT

Postby sixstringsteve » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:38 am

I've got street tires on my DJ, and they do fine at the dirt jumps. However, they are severely lacking at the track. I need to get me some 24" small block 8's.

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:34 am

sixstringsteve wrote:I've got street tires on my DJ, and they do fine at the dirt jumps. However, they are severely lacking at the track. I need to get me some 24" small block 8's.

Kota really seems to like the 24" small block 8s on his Dirt jumper. They seem to be the choice of most of the 26" racers as well. I have been looking at the tires abvailable for my 26" and there doesn't seem to be a lot of options that will work for both track and trail like the small block 8s do. The few I've found are considerably more expensive than the small block 8s, which just makes the small blocks that much more appealing.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts

skicruz78
GT

Postby skicruz78 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Super cool new rides Hal. After watching Logan and some guys on DJs and DHs at I Street the past two weekends, I REALLY want a big bike! They appear to open a whole new world of fun.

Skicruz
Christopher Morley
Let's play bikes!

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:23 pm

Chris, they definitely are a whole different ball game. The big wheels/tires definitely give you more traction, and roll a ton better than the 20" tires. And the suspension forks sure help with the casing/ learning to jump deal. I cased the crap out of the first jump on the advanced trail in Draper several times before I finally got close to clearing it. There are a lot of options out there as far as dirt jumpers. GT has a nice looking one. The Black Market frames that Dave and Kevin have, are definitely a hit. There are also several who seem to really like the Specialized P3 aluminum frames as well. And that's just the tip of the iceberg as far as the bikes/frames available. I'm sure BJ could point you in the right direction if you have any questions.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts

skicruz78
GT

Postby skicruz78 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:11 am

Hal, thanks for the great thoughts and tips. Those are some excellent selling points you discussed. I can already see that I am going want a hard-tail, front suspension setup for jumping and playing; a fully suspended DH for I Street and possibly get into DH racing, AND a track-only cruiser. Yeah, that should about do it :roll: Maybe I can get another student loan or just use my kids college funds. Of course, you know I will gravitate to the GTs! There is definitely a big bike in my future :P

Skicruz
Christopher Morley
Let's play bikes!

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:07 pm

Chris, I know right where you are coming from. I have always felt the same way about cars. I would be fine with a daily driver, a high horsepower drag car, a tuned racer that handles corners like it's on rails, a lifted truck to play off-road, a stock truck for towing and hauling gear, a motocross bike to play in the dirt, a bullet bike to play at high speed, and a cruiser to take on leisurely rides with the wife. You pretty much nailed the bikes I would need to somehow fit in the garage with the above listed vehicles, so as soon as I find that winning lotto ticket I should be good to go. I look forward to seeing you at the trails, or on the track soon.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:03 pm

Check out the for sale section.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:07 pm

I picked this up this morning.
2011 Spank Tweet Tweet. Marz DJ2 fork. Surly/Subrosa wheels. Profile crankset.....loaded!

I would like to trade the bars for something with a higher rise. These are Loaded AMX bars. If anybody wants to deal, let me know.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

sixstringsteve
GT

Postby sixstringsteve » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:10 pm

nice find!

skicruz78
GT

Postby skicruz78 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:44 pm

[attachment=0]2012_GT_Ruckus_DJ_1.0.png[I am now in the big bikes club! GT (of course!) Ruckus DJ.

Skicruz
Attachments
2012_GT_Ruckus_DJ_1.0.png
Last edited by skicruz78 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christopher Morley
Let's play bikes!

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:22 pm

Nice choice Chris. You should enjoy it at the trails.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts

skicruz78
GT

Postby skicruz78 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:55 am

Thanks Hal. It's so much fun. Rode it for about two hours around the neighborhood last night. Trying sneak over to I Street at lunch time and maybe Draper for a few minutes after work. :P
Christopher Morley
Let's play bikes!

Return to “UtahBMX”