draper bike park

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

billyschuler
GT

draper bike park

Postby billyschuler » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:38 am

ill be up there about 515 - 530 today till dark if anyone wants to come join
Freedom Energy/ODEN/Dirt Militia Team Manager

joker75
SBC Army

Re: draper bike park

Postby joker75 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:36 am

That's tempting. It was a blast last Wednesday when Kota and I went. I'll have to see if I can sneak away for a few.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

ogr13
COG

Postby ogr13 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:15 pm

Can't get there tonight :x
Planning on Saturday morning though :mrgreen:
Does "I" Street get windy? Maybe there too...
Dave Cote
Crazy Old Guy

billyschuler
GT

Postby billyschuler » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:14 pm

DAVE SHOOT ME A TEXT SAT AM, IM DOWN TO RIDE SOMEWHERE I STREET IS USUALLY OK I F WE GET THERE EARLY BEFORE THE COCKY mtb RIDERS GET THERE , PARK CITY JUMPS ARE PRETTY FUN TOO... BUT I FOR SURE WILL BE OUT RIDING SOMEWHERE EVEN IF ITS DOWNTOWN THIS SAT . WITH OREGON COMING UP I NEED BIKE TIME

Ron DeHeer
Huffy

Postby Ron DeHeer » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:38 pm

What is the I street ride you are talking about. Is that the bob sled trail. Are you still planning to go to Draper tonight

billyschuler
GT

Postby billyschuler » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:47 pm

RON YES IM GOING TO DRAPER LATER FOR SURE, I STREET HAS A TON OF FUN STUFF TO RIDE , ALL JUMPS FROM ONE FOOT TALL TO 45 FOOT GAPS

skicruz78
GT

Postby skicruz78 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:23 pm

Ron DeHeer wrote:What is the I street ride you are talking about. Is that the bob sled trail. Are you still planning to go to Draper tonight

Ron,
Like Billy mentioned, I Street is a whole series of dirt jump/DH hits, lines, jumps, etc, etc. Some cool lines down through a couple of ravines and some smaller super fun doubles and gaps down at the bottom. Logan and I were there two weeks ago Friday and all the boys and I were there this last Sat AM. Logan is having a blast riding it on his GT pit/dirt bike. He is boosting some big gaps! I am amazed at how his bike skills are improving each time. Many of the lines are really are set up for fully suspended bikes, but I have been having lots of fun on my pit bike and cast on my wrist. My 8 and 6 year olds were having a blast on the lower stuff with their pit bikes. I would go this Sat, but I thought everyone was going to Rad Canyon to help with the re-build (:

Skicruz
Christopher Morley
Let's play bikes!

Ron DeHeer
Huffy

Postby Ron DeHeer » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:57 pm

Sounds fun it sounds like what we used to call the bobsled trail if not the same something very similar. It has been so long I forget what street the bobsled trail was off of. See however comes tonight at Draper park just gotta load up. Layers

Ron DeHeer
Huffy

Postby Ron DeHeer » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:20 pm

Guess everyone skipped out on Draper you missed out on a great day for a ride catch ya all next time

skicruz78
GT

Postby skicruz78 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:15 am

Ron DeHeer wrote:Sounds fun it sounds like what we used to call the bobsled trail if not the same something very similar. It has been so long I forget what street the bobsled trail was off of. See however comes tonight at Draper park just gotta load up. Layers

Bobsled is sorta due-east from the top if I Street (i.e. up the hill, curve around the water tanks, up a road....)

Wished we could have made it out to Draper, but it just wasn't in the schedule.
Christopher Morley
Let's play bikes!

billyschuler
GT

Postby billyschuler » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:06 am

i got hosed and stuck at work longer than i was supposed to be...ill be out riding for sure somewhere tmr , tooele i street draper downtown something !

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:12 pm

billyschuler wrote:i got hosed and stuck at work longer than i was supposed to be...ill be out riding for sure somewhere tmr , tooele i street draper downtown something !

Send me a text when you figure out where you're going and when. Kota and I were planning on trying to get in some bike time this weekend, and might be able to get my little bro out on his bike too. Kris has something planned from 0600-0730-ish. I have something I need to do that will take me about an hour after we're done with Kris' stuff, so I should be able to head out by about 0900-ish. Just let me know where to point the vehicle.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

billyschuler
GT

Postby billyschuler » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:52 pm

will do hal !

ogr13
COG

Postby ogr13 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:01 pm

Ty & I will be at Draper by 10 8)
Dave Cote