Scott Taul

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

TP
Stud Vet Pro

Scott Taul

Postby TP » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:29 am

Utah BMX fans.... I wanted to say a little something about Scott Taul and let those of you who didn't know Scott a little about how good of a BMX rider was.

I was touched by the lap we all took in Scotts memory and it made me think about how many BMX people come and go over the years and how a lot of the people invovled in BMX now were not around to see Scott race.

Scott was GOOD..really good! I hated racing him in Salt Lake at the Riverview track.... because he kicked my butt! I was from Orem and the Provo track was my home track... which I rarely lost on... so I usually raced Provo on Thursdays and that was it.... BUT there were times for double pointers etc. that I would race Riverview... And Scott would again.. kick my butt! LOL

I watched Scott and Griffin Law have some epic battles over the years! these guys would totally go at it!... it was nothing to have some serious contact in the turns!LOL... thank goodness they were both months older than me and I didn't race them all year.

Bottom line for me is.... I know if Scott wasn't dealt a bad hand with the illness he had....If he wanted to ... he would have been doing just as good as I am now and as good as I have been lucky enough to be the last 10-11 years. He had just as much or more talent for BMX than I do....

If there was a Utah BMX hall of fame.... Scott would be in it FOR SURE!

I hope this came out right.... I just want eveyone to realize what a talented rider Scott was!

I can totally see Scott...in his Hutch gear(pink of course) and Griffin in his Blue/Yellow Profile gear... Going at it on the big track in the sky!......it's a perfect world up there...so I am sure they both win half the time..LOL

Scott...save a spot for me on the gate!...with you, Giff..Oblad and all the other BMXers..I want my shot! LOL

onephastkiss
GT

Re: Scott Taul

Postby onephastkiss » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:45 am

Well said TP, I remember Scott out at DP taking gates and laps last summer or so and thinking to myself; oh no we're all in trouble now! If he is anything like his son, father, mother and sister (whom are great people) he's "up-stairs" for sure. The memorial table that was set up at the track saturday was very cool. From what I hear about Scott, he was a "mans-man"! and as the the saying goes : "everyone dies...but not everyone lives"! I have the feeling Scott "LIVED"!

sixstringsteve
GT

Postby sixstringsteve » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:12 pm

Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to meet Scott, but I was touched at the memorial lap yesterday. That was a really neat event to behold.

skicruz78
GT

Postby skicruz78 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:28 pm

I also did not have the privilege of meeting Scott, but was deeply touched by the tribute lap.

Skicruz
Christopher Morley
Let's play bikes!

Return to “UtahBMX”