Looking for a pump track/trails/dirt jumps near Lehi

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

sixstringsteve
GT

Looking for a pump track/trails/dirt jumps near Lehi

Postby sixstringsteve » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:17 pm

I see that most of the posts on this board are about racing and events. Please let me know if my threads are cluttering up the BB and are too off-topic.

I'm looking for a spot to practice jumping, manualing, and pumping on my BMX bike. I'm doing the best with what I've got in my neighborhood, but I'd like to fine a pump track or some trails to ride. It's been a while since I raced (15 years) so my skills aren't where they used to be. I'm starting all over from scratch.

In my hometown in CA we had a city BMX park. I don't think it was ABA sanctioned, but it was open 24/7 for anyone who wanted to to ride on. It was great for after school practice. Anything like that in Utah? I live in Lehi, so the closer the better.

Here are the places I know of.

Eagle Mtn MTB park - pump track is pretty good. Jumps are ok, but good enough to practice on
American Fork - Art Dye Park. Zero flow, totally flooded out, and in the way of disc golf. They do have a few basic jumps out of the way though. I'd love to build a little pump track there.
Alpine - big dirt jumps by the buffalo. Too big for me right now. Maybe someday
SLC - I-street
Ogden - I saw a nice mini track thing at a disc golf course in Riverpark about a year ago.
Park City

Anyone know of any other places to practice?
Last edited by sixstringsteve on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

bnd
Information Minister

Re: Looking for a pump track/trails/dirt jumps near Lehi

Postby bnd » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:54 pm

sixstringsteve wrote:I see that most of the posts on this board are about racing and events. Please let me know if my threads are cluttering up the BB and are too off-topic.

You get 1 or 2 people in here that get weird because you stray off topic with other things, oh well. We welcome any type of topic or post that has anything to do with 2 wheels or any other outdoor sport that we can do around here in our great State.

There is a pump track in Murray by the old water tower, roughly Main St. & around 40th S. Iv'e never been there but figured it out from pics on the net. The Alpine rding area....is there any pics floating around to check out? Park City has that new downhill track they opened this summer.

Anyways, welcome to the site!

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

sixstringsteve
GT

Postby sixstringsteve » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:02 am

The alpine area used to be bigger. What I heard was that the land originally belonged to a private owner. Then they ended up donating the land to the city (for liability reasons), and the city let them build some jumps there. It wasn't huge, but it had some great jumps of all sizes last summer.

This year, they took out all the jumps except the big ones, and they built a house where the smaller jumps used to be. The jumps are an 8-pack (if I remember correctly). They're all huge lips with decent gaps. They're definitely big enough to backflip each one of them. They're built right and they have a huge landing. I don't know if they're private jumps now or if they're still cool with the public riding them.

I can't find any pics, but I can snap a few next time I drive by. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in the exact location. Thanks for the heads up on the murray pump track. Is the PC downhill track a downhill MTB race track? I assume it's too bumpy to ride on my BMX... I'm really looking for something where I can get better on my BMX bike and practice some track skills away from the track.

Jackie
GT

Postby Jackie » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:29 am

There was a little pump / jump track in Riverton on 126th south and just east of Redwood road as well. It is right next to the Riverton Skate park. Not sure if it has been maintained but that is a quick place to ride with some berms and jumps of various sizes.

The Trailside park in Park city you could take your BMX bike down that trail and through the cool wood obstacles
Follow the fanny pack to the finish

sixstringsteve
GT

Postby sixstringsteve » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:40 am

Perfect jackie, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!

skicruz78
GT

Postby skicruz78 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:54 am

The Riverton dirt/pump track is still there. 126 South, just East of the skate park.
Christopher Morley
Let's play bikes!

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:17 pm

The Riverton Dirt Jumps were leveled yesterday. Just thought I would let everyone know so they don't wast time driving there. :cry:
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

sixstringsteve
GT

Postby sixstringsteve » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:45 pm

dangit. Thanks for the heads up. It's always a matter of time with places like that :cry:

Jackie
GT

Postby Jackie » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:02 am

We checked out the mtb terrain park they are building in corner canyon and they have a trail already built with berms and table tops. My son rode his bmx bike and had a blast. They are working like crazy to get their trails in so that will be a fun new place to ride. Go check it out
Follow the fanny pack to the finish

sixstringsteve
GT

Postby sixstringsteve » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:18 am

perfect. That's right around the corner from me. I'll check it out tomorrow after work.

sixstringsteve
GT

Postby sixstringsteve » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:07 am

I checked out the draper trails last night, and I was thoroughly impressed! They pump track is cool, and the lines they're building for the jumps are awesome. It's a great little place to hone skills. I'll be visiting that place a lot more. They're having a dig day on saturday from 10-2 for anyone who wants to help.

It was too dark to take pictures last night, but I promise to get some pics and video next time I'm out there.

Return to “UtahBMX”