Factory Extreme GHP/FLY off to Guthrie

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Factory Extreme GHP/FLY off to Guthrie

Postby Diesel » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Wayne, Robby, Hayden & Hunter just left the house for Guthrie. Robby's first trip there. 19 or 20 hours and they'll be there! Wish them luck! Another stessful weekend for me. Not sure if it's on GO211. He's got Elmore and Egdorph to deal with as far as we know now. Hope we can get some wins and a good team finish!
Man made Global Warming is a HOAX!
Al Gore and his boy's gonna take you to the cleaners while they get bank!
Stop Obamacare, Cap and Tax and Alien Amnesty!

b2
Not a Troll!

Re: Factory Extreme GHP/FLY off to Guthrie

Postby b2 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:37 pm

Good luck in Guthrie!!

McCauley
GHP

Postby McCauley » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:29 am

Good Luck Factory Extreme Team GHP/FLY Go Rock Guthrie bring Home some Hardware

McCauley

JAlvey
GT

Postby JAlvey » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:08 pm

Sounds like they will also have Chris white and brenlee Fordham there on the sheet, so I think they should do well. Good luck!

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Postby Diesel » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:05 pm

They made it there in time for Robby to get a few laps. Says he's pulling good but as usual "the track is stupid." Takes three laps and says he's already got it wired. Robby does what Robby does! Utes and Elmore are there. Hayden and Hunter didn't get any practice but they have retired for the evening and will be out there in the morning. Also, Wayne's truck started leaking tranny fluid bad and blew through a ton of fluid and it's all over the side and the trailer. They will have to deal with that as well obviously. They are there safe! That's a good thing!

Diesel

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:14 pm

thanks for the updates, Dan. Keep them coming.

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:34 pm

I love it!

"Robby does what Robby does!"

Yes he does!

Best of luck to the best team in BMX!
"Push to the line!"

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Postby Diesel » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:15 am

A little story regarding my statement "Robby does what Robby does." Last season, Robby and I drove all the way to that Minnesota (I can't spell) race which was like 500 miles further out than the Grands. Having left Thursday night, I drove till I was seeing quadruple and just had to stop or we would have been in the fence. Anyway, we were running late and knew we would not make practice. So I called ahead and put him in the prerace so he could still get some laps. He had slept in the car (Camaro) nearly all the way and other than being stiff from riding in the car for like 20 hours straight, he was rested. We were running really late and we pulled up in the parking lot well into the first round of the prerace. The parking lot was way full of cars clear out to the road so we just zipped in way out there. So I jump out and drug out the bikes, threw the front wheel and the pedals on his class bike while he's throwing on his jersey and dragging out his helmet. This whole time we're looking way over at the track and can see older kids out there racing. Not much time! This whole time, I'm in a real bad way from driving through most of obama's 57 states consuming 47 large McD's coffees along the way. So dude, I got to go real bad!!! Anyway, finished his bike and he takes off sprinting for staging as I start putting the cruiser together so I can find the porta john. Get that together and off I go down the road toward the track still looking over to see who's racing. Then I see Robby from way over there pull this huge holeshot and he's like 5 bikes ahead of the others halfway to the turn. He jumps the double into the first turn (a 90) and takes off down the second straight and zing! He jumps this big triple into the second turn at like mach 2, whips around the turn and he's gone. I'm like 200 yards off the side of the track and really don't think anything of it. All I see is he's put in a lap and wins it going away to qualify while I'm still looking for the john. Later on, we are down working the track. The track operator comes over to us and says man, I saw you jump that triple. Nobody had ever jumped that triple in 2 years since we built it until yesterday. It was O Davis from Illinois and he cased it after riding out here since Tuesday! That sucker was near 40 feet and Robby jumped it on his first lap dead cold with no practice. So "Robby does what Robby does!" True story! Alot of the time, I think Robby's first lap out of the car in practice is his fastest lap of the weekend. To bad we can't just go straight to the main. Then he wouldn't have time to think about it!

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:54 am

Thanks for the update Dan, keep us in the loop with results today. Go211 is not there so all results (Pro too) would be appreciated. You guys are BMexicans thru & thru. Isanti is the town I believe your talking about.
Off topic alittle, Utah hasn't had a AA Pro since Fuzzy turned in the mid-90s.(yes, he was). I think Robby is on his way there long with Rope. There are a few others that look to have Pro ability but you know the dif between A & AA. Anyways, I have a UTbmx shirt for Dr.J., I 'll flow you one too for the updates you do in here.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Postby Diesel » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:15 am

I don't know about going pro Bruce. If he does that he's gonna want to race supercross, and you've read what I've got to say about that. Over my dead body! I hope that dies off but you know it won't. Jumping that crazy crap they put on the grands track as well. Strombergs I hope will be able to come back. Day was out. Donnie was out. Bubba nearly lost his foot. It ain't happening!!! Those guys don't get paid enough and you can't effectively ride with enough gear. Has anyone tried to put cleats on MX boots? Nope! It ain't happening!!! I added this: If you kill off the stars of the show, there ain't gonna be a show! Does that make sense?
Last edited by Diesel on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:42 am

Stumpy & Dale Holmes didn't race the SX tracks & they had great BMX careers. I hear you though, ain't worth the risk.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Postby Diesel » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:54 am

Yes I deleted it.

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Postby Diesel » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:14 am

Talked to Robby and he's says he's going fast! But, he got total points in cruiser with Elmore and some other kid. Not much point in that. Probably pull out of that tomorrow. Maybe go for open to get some laps. What a waste. We'll see. Race starts in 15 min. Robby says Hayden is killing it too. Says Hayden's rack is pretty stacked. Not sure about the rest. Trying to get Wayne to call me.

Says Elmore drank the koolaide over to Redman. They got really cool gear!

Now I hear something weird with the cruiser. Elmore didn't bring his cruiser to the track so he's gonna ride Hayden's bike. Wayne's working something out there. ???? All I know is I'm smoking to many cigarettes!

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Postby Diesel » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:54 pm

First round cruiser: Hunter 3rd behind Reno winner. Hayden 2nd battled with Blevins. Robby and Elmore playing around Robby 1st. Elmore on Hayden's bike. Classes running now. Elmore and Robby together first round showdown. Not sure how that will go. We'll see soon. I'll try to remember to get details about the rest next update.

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Postby Diesel » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:39 pm

This just in! Robby takes it in first round! Says he pulled him and pulled away. Rockin' Robby's in the house!!!

Return to “UtahBMX”