What does your comp really think about you?

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

What does your comp really think about you?

Postby bnd » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:09 pm

I got this idea from a few of the BMX magazines, over the years, every now & then they would have an article with pros commenting on their competition anonymously. So given that, I thought I would see what 41-45+ cruisers had to say about each other in a few words or less & the first thing to pop in their heads. By the way, you gotta take the bad with the good boys. Everybody was pretty good natured with most of the comments so don't take it personal.

Lorne Wiberg - "Good guy", "He's back!", "Needs to race more", "Injury prone".
Matt Spencer - "Always grinning", "Good talker", "Too damn awesome!", "Fast", "Machine", "Junkfood", "Too skinny".
Mike Kelly - ""Instructor", "Good guy", "Power", "To the cone", "Good gate", "Darth Vader", "Stash", "Intense".
Doug Cheney - "Always tries hard", "Awesome", "Getting quick", "Geritol".
Jason Melton - "Cocky", "Jokes", "Tight shirts", "Attitude", "Smooth", "Shops in the kiddie section", "Too serious".
Chris Clift - "Consistant", "Gate", "Consistant"(2), "Will cut you off", "Smart ass!".
Dave Cote - "Competitive & fun", "Nice guy", "Big", "Smooth", "Absent", "Getting faster", "COG!".
Bruce Ritter - "Mentor", "Helpful", "Fast", "Who?", "Fun to race", "Too serious", "1st straight", "Taller then Sams","Sharp elbows".
Steve Spencer - "Fast as hell", "Great guy", "Godfather", "Dammit!", "Brutal in the corners", "Too sneaky", "Skills", "Manual".
Brett McGrath - "Fun loving", "Hi!", "Jumper", "Sweet bike", "On the comeback", "Old school", "Profile". "Scruffy".
Jason Macauly - "Never gives up", "Persistant", "Go!", "The man", "Facebook", "True passion", "BMX!", "Can I have a Hell yeah?!".
Tony Sams - "Great mountain biker", "Hi!", "Quick", "Awesome start", "Grizzly Adams".
Justin Alvey - "Sneaky fast", "Tips", "Old friend", "Quicker", "Needs to jump", "80's freestyle", "Dr?".

Enjoy,
b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

jperry
Huffy

Re: What does your comp really think about you?

Postby jperry » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:25 pm

Thanks for posting that...It was great to read what other people think about the guys they race with every week. Thanks again.

Jake

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:57 pm

Thanks for posting that Bruce, very interesting! Guess I gotta work on my people skills LOL! Would be fun to do this for the teen expert classes in Jan
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Looks like you & I need to lighten up, lol. We were the only ones to get the label "Too serious".

Teens tend to clam up with interviews & quotes. I'll leave that to somebody closer to that age group.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:23 pm

Bruce,
In addition to that I seem cocky and have an attitude, which is not how I mean to come across. I am usually a bundle of nerves and nervous........ so I need to work on my people skills.
I am appreciative of the comments and like to know what others think.
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:05 pm

mackdaddy wrote:Bruce,
In addition to that I seem cocky and have an attitude, which is not how I mean to come across. I am usually a bundle of nerves and nervous........ so I need to work on my people skills.

way to take it like a man! :) it's interesting hearing what other people think of you, not always what you want. I recently learned that people think i'm kinda mean at work. :(

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:49 am

b2 wrote:
mackdaddy wrote:Bruce,

way to take it like a man! :) it's interesting hearing what other people think of you, not always what you want. I recently learned that people think i'm kinda mean at work. :(

We know you are mean on the track. Mean fast that is.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:58 pm

:) :(
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Jackie
GT

Postby Jackie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:40 pm

I clearly need to get out to more races so I can make the list next time.
Follow the fanny pack to the finish

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:08 pm

No problem Jackie,
If anybody wants to chime in on Jackie, PM me & I'll post the replies up here in confidence also.

I'll also add Kisslinger, Todd Parry Chris Rowley, Chris Borduex (s/p), Dan Patterson & anybody else you want to include.

b.

McCauley
GHP

Postby McCauley » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:20 pm

This Group is just a Great bunch to Compete with. Thats all there is to it Serious or Not
Even the out of town Riders I've encountered in this Group are a Great Bunch

T.P. one sentence " Where'd he go ?"

Heres to a New Season Looking forward to it Train Hard .....We'll see you in the Gate

McCauley

dilleyboys
GHP

Postby dilleyboys » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:44 pm

I would like to know what people think of Kevin Dilley.

onephastkiss
GT

Postby onephastkiss » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:27 pm

I'LL TELL YOU-ALL ONE THING...HIS GHP CRUISER IS HOLDING UP PRETTY WELL TO MY "KICK-OUTS" AND "GHOST-RIDES" :mrgreen:

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:59 pm

Dilley got his butt kicked by a pit bike last weekend if that's any help. He he he.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:28 pm

K.Dill: fast, gimp, helpful, selfless, unassumingly brilliant photog.

Return to “UtahBMX”