A UtahBMX.com Calendar?

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

J Gallo
Web Guy

A UtahBMX.com Calendar?

Postby J Gallo » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:41 am

I've been thinking lately of all kinds of ideas to take the site to the "next level". One of these ideas is to do a UtahBMX.com 12 month calendar. I'm currently in the process of getting some price quotes on various styles of calendars to see what it's going to take to get this project going.

The reason I'm posting is I'd like to get a little feedback if this is something everyone would be interested in. If I put one together for 2005, it will have to be quick and simple, because of the time and cost factor. My initial plan is to use somewhere close to 60 pictures inside the calendar, with 3 large pictures on top and 2 mixed into open dates within the calendar itself.

So what do you think? Also keep in mind I will keep the cost per unit AS LOW AS POSSIBLE. I think I can keep the retail cost between $15-$20, but it just comes down to how much volume I can produce. I'm only planning on producing around 100 at this point.

Also, if you have ANY comments or suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Oh, and if you want to check out a possible cover pic, check this out!

Calendar Cover Pic
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

tread
Old School Bike Expert

Postby tread » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:39 am

DO IT!

mike

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:02 pm

It looks SWEET! I agree with mike, DO IT!
Dani

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

Postby greg » Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:48 am

great idea jason

put me down for a couple.
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:47 am

Well, I've finished putting together the pages, so now we'll see how they print. If all goes as planned, I could possibly have a couple printed up before to show at RAD's indoor racing this weekend!

Unfortunately, I had some grand ideas that I wanted to put into this calendar, but I just don't have the time to get everything in. Since I'm running out of time, I'll just have to keep it simple this year. But if all goes well, and everyone likes it, watch out for 2006!

If you're interested, here's a page to check out. Be warned that it's a pretty large file (1.8mb) so if you're on dialup internet, you might want to grab a snickers, cause you're gonna be here awhile :)

May Calendar Page

As always, comments or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated, let me know what you think!!
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

tread
Old School Bike Expert

Postby tread » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:56 am

That looks great Jason.
Let me know if I can help you.
Mike

FLYNHIGH
Flynhighbmx Webmaster

Postby FLYNHIGH » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:35 pm

Definiately an awesome idea!!! I can't wait to see it. :D

~Travis~

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:07 pm

Great job put me down for a couple of them
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:30 pm

Ok, here's an update on the status of the calendars. I won't have the time to put these together the way I would like, so I'm going to settle on having some put together by Kinko's. They won't turn out the way I had wanted, but I just got started too late.

I probably won't have any samples printed by this weekends racing, but I will have a couple to show for sure by the next race dates of Jan 14-16th.

Once I get the samples printed, everyone will get a chance to check them out and see if they are worth purchasing. At that time we'll see how many I can get orders for. To print up to 50 or so, they will cost $22.00. If I can get it up to 100, the price could drop down to $17.00. This was ALOT more than I had hoped they would cost, but next year I will get started a little earlier, and the quality will improve and the price will drop.

I've already started planning :) :wink:
Gallo

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:11 am

It's a new year's miracle!

I have the calendars in my hand, and will bring them to RAD's indoor racing this weekend for everyone to check out!

They turned out a little better than I thought. Hopefully everyone will like them!!
Gallo

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:35 am

I have created a page that will allow you to look at the pictures for each month of the catalog. You can also order a calendar through this page if you so desire.

Here's the link:

2005 UtahBMX.com Calendar

So far I have about 15 on order that I am going to have printed later this week. If you get your order in by this thursday, I should be able to deliver the calendars at RAD's next indoor Jan 14-16th.

If you should have ANY (and I mean ANY!) questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. I did have a question over the weekend if I would be willing to ship out of state. I would be more than happy to do that if necessary, just let me know where so I can figure out how much shipping will cost.

Thanks for your support!
Gallo

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:25 pm

2005 Calendar Update!

For all those that have put in an order already, GREAT NEWS!!!

I have negotiated a $3.00 reduction in price, so they will cost $19 instead of the advertised $22.

AND, I'm having them printed as you read this and they will be done on Friday. I can deliver them for you this weekend, or we can just wait until RAD's next indoor race Jan 14-16th. Either way.
Gallo

Return to “UtahBMX”