Rider Down--Justin Hill, Collarbone.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

b2
Not a Troll!

Rider Down--Justin Hill, Collarbone.

Postby b2 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:15 pm

28 & Over Novice rider Justin Hill went down last night in the 2nd round and I do believe the diagnosis is a broken collarbone and some cracked ribs plus a hip pointer to add to the fun. I think he's supposed to get a plate installed which should speed up the healing time.

Justin is a good dude and has been getting considerably better on the track. Hopefully this doesn't sideline him indefinitely but he does have his livelihood and drumming career to consider.

He was curious, however (as I think many of us are when we have a similar event happen to us), if anyone may have caught the incident on video. If you do have it, please holla. Word.

Here's to a speedy recovery Justin "TK421" Hill!

joker75
SBC Army

Re: Rider Down--Justin Hill, Collarbone.

Postby joker75 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:51 pm

That was one of the first thought I had after I started recovering from my crash last year. You are in our prayers Justin. Get yourself better, and I'll look forward to racing with you in the not too distant future.

Hal
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

Scott Mckay
GT

Postby Scott Mckay » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:03 pm

Sorry for the pain Justin, Bummer. I was watching it happen with Haymond from turn 1. He was looking good, he got up over the double ok but the wind pushed him a bit from the side and when his front tire bonked the face of the second part of the double it turned him sideways. Thats from the video camera recording in my brain, no footage here. Get better quick Justin.

stiles391
Schwinn

Postby stiles391 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:25 pm

:( Best wishes for a speedy recovery. How long does a break like this take to heal before a racer can go at it again?
Think for yourself. Question authority.

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:47 pm

At least 4- 6 weeks. A lot depends on whether he has surgery or not. From what I have been hearing they are supported much better and tend to heal much faster if you have surgery to put a plate on it to hold things together. I know i was out for about 3 months last year when i broke mine. The main reason I took so long was that I was on light duty at work and the Doctor wouldn't release me. I figured my supervisor wouldn't be very happy with me if I got broken again racing before I was released by the doctor. However I was back out on the track just taking it easy with the kids at practice after about 6 weeks.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

Jackie
GT

Postby Jackie » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:36 pm

Mine took 8 weeks until I got the green light ( no surgery broken in 2 places ). You will feel preety good in 4 - 6 weeks though. Best of luck
Follow the fanny pack to the finish

Return to “UtahBMX”