Great Northwest Nationals - Report/Results.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

b2
Not a Troll!

Great Northwest Nationals - Report/Results.

Postby b2 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:33 am

http://www.ababmx.com/index.php?page=de ... =nationals

Looking through the results we see that our Utah BMXers are faired well after the Friday night pre-race.

Podium finishes include:
Christian Martinez with a 3 in A Pro!
Brenlee Fordham with a 1!
Brighton Alvey with a 2 in class and cruiser.
Ethan Alvey with a 2 in a cruiser class made up of mostly Utahns and a 3 in class.
Justin Alvey with a 1!
Chris Clift with a 3.
Jack Kelly with a 2.
Tyler Baker with a 2.
Clancy Welsh with a 1.

And good showings from Alex Clift, Kale Tanner, Tyler Black, Drexton Robinson, Zach Haymond, Jake Eglintine, Zach Jimenez, and Billy Schuler sounds like he had a interesting time getting to the track in time to race 2nd moto, qualify for the main and got tangled up and finished 7th in the main.

GOOD LUCK UTARHDS!

stiles391
Schwinn

Re: Great Northwest Nationals - Report/Results.

Postby stiles391 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:51 pm

Very nice showing for utah riders saturday

Brenlee Fordham 1st, 10 girls
Brighton Alvey 2nd, 11 girls
Kale Tanner 8th, 9 cruiser

11 year old Cruiser
Ethan Alvey 2nd, Tyler Baker 3rd and Alex Clift 4th. Nice Job

Justin Alvey 1st, 36-40 cruiser
Chris Clift 1st, 41-45 cruiser
Brighton Alvey 2nd again on her cruiser
Jack Kelly 2nd, 7x
Drexton Robinson, 8th 8 int
Kale Tanner, 4th 8x

11 expert Ethan Alvey 3rd, Zach Haymond 4th, Alex Clift 7th, again very awesome

Tyler Baker, 2nd 12x
clancey Welsh, 1st 14x
Zach Jimenez, 4th 15x
Chris Clift 3rd and billy schuler 7th for 28+novice
:D :D
Think for yourself. Question authority.

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Stiles, I think the results you posted are also from yesterday. Today Utah got some more great finishes!

Christian Martinez with a 2nd in A Pro.
Jack Kelly wins both 7-8 Open and 7 Expert.
Brenlee Fordham gets another win in 10 Girls.
Brighton Alvey 4th in class and 5th in Cruiser.
Ethan Alvey 4th in Cruiser
Alex Clift 7 in Cruiser
Cody Kelley with a win in 15 Cruiser!
Robby Patterson 2 in cruiser.
Danny Patterson 2 in cruiser.
Justin Alvey 5th in cruiser.
Mike Kelley 5th in cruiser.
Drexton Robinson with a win in 8 Inter!
Chris Foidel (a name that's new to me) 3rd in 11 Novice.
Tyler Baker ended up 7th in 12 expert after a crash (is what I read).
Clancey Welsh 5th, 14x.
Cody Kelley 6th, 15x.
Robby Patterson 6th
Danny Patterson 3rd.
Billy Schuler went down hard and is reported to have a "jacked up shoulder" and settles for 8th in 28-35 inter.
Justin Alvey 4th in 36-40 expert

and drum roll for these 2 Crazy Old Guys!!!!!!

Tony Lemon!!! 1st place in 36-40 inter!
Chris Clift 8th in cruiser BUT HIS 25th WIN (and 5th National win) in 41+ Inter!---Utah's Newest Expert!

Way to go Utah! :)
And heal up, Billy! :(

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:09 pm

PS: Anyone see the name of the legend who won in 41+ Expert!?!! Pistol Pete ring a bell for anyone out there?! :shock:

Jackie
GT

Postby Jackie » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:14 am

Congrats to all utah riders and their families. Big props to Tony Lemon justin alvey, and Chris Clift who have been working real hard and that work is paying off. Go cog's
Follow the fanny pack to the finish

Scott Mckay
GT

Postby Scott Mckay » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:31 am

Congratulations Chris Clift the New Expert...

Just to add a little insight to Jack Kellys wins. He just aged up to 7 and raced 2 Nag riders (Nag2, Nag6) from the age group 1 year ahead of him. Nicholas Adhams is the man to beat in that group so props to Jack for the big win. Way to not duck the competition and go see what your made of. Kids Amazing!!!

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:33 pm

I got to see Clift turn expert twice, roughly 26 years between the two. Nice work Chris, you've worked extremely hard since coming back to get where your at. Enjoy your expert card.

Good job to all the Utah riders making the trip & representing Utah BMX in such a strong fashion!

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Postby Diesel » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:20 pm

Everybody did good!!! Robby came back to 4th on Saturday after pulling out of his clips again on the first straight. Blew by a bunch of them down the third straight. They had it wrong in the results on saturday but has since been corrected. Robby came back to kill it on Sunday with a double! Danny got 3rd both days in class behind Shankel and Study. Believe it or not, Danny got third in his first ever national class main on Saturday. I was jumping up and down like a novice class Mom!!! All these years, that was his first class main! Danny won his Semi on Sunday. Saturday Semi same as the main. Cool to watch my boys win back to back cruiser mains for the second time this year on Sunday! Robby almost won on Saturday but couldn't make the last turn move work this time and lost buy a wheel. He was to nice saturday but was not so nice in the third turn Sunday for the win. Klatman has a killer first straight and Robby out in 7 and 8 both cruiser mains. Robby had outside gates in all 4 of his mains. Danny got balled up on the first straight saturday cruiser but came back from 5th to 2nd. Danny made a Killer move out of the first turn Sunday for the win. Congrats from us to everyone who was there racing. It was a pretty good weekend for all! Cody won Cruiser Saturday! Mike smoked Danny Bushnell sunday for the win after being down in 46-50 on saturday. Chris Clift won and went expert on Saturday. Extreme team second on Saturday! Christian was fast but had bad luck on Sunday. Saturday, he lead to the last turn but got moved for second. I'm pretty sure he took the 2. Doc Alvey and his kids were strong all weekend! Clancey Welsh was fast and qualified well! Hard to watch them all working the track and worrying about our deal! That girl on the pink team won both days!!! Go Pinkys! Nice job Brenlee! I think Jack rides for them now. He did good!
Last edited by Diesel on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Man made Global Warming is a HOAX!
Al Gore and his boy's gonna take you to the cleaners while they get bank!
Stop Obamacare, Cap and Tax and Alien Amnesty!

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:35 pm

Diesel wrote:Everybody did good!!! Robby came back to 4th on Saturday after pulling out of his clips again on the first straight. Blew by a bunch of them down the third straight. They had it wrong in the results on saturday but has since been corrected. Robby came back to kill it on Sunday with a double! Danny got 3rd both days in class behind Shankel and Vallejo. Believe it or not, Danny got third in his first ever national class main on Saturday. I was jumping up and down like a novice class Mom!!! All these years, that was his first class main! Danny won his Semi on Sunday. Saturday Semi same as the main. Cool to watch my boys win back to back cruiser mains for the second time this year on Sunday! Robby almost won on Saturday but couldn't make the last turn move work this time and lost buy a wheel. He was to nice saturday but was not so nice in the third turn Sunday for the win. Klatman has a killer first straight and Robby out in 7 and 8 both cruiser mains. Robby had outside gates in all 4 of his mains. Danny got balled up on the first straight saturday cruiser but came back from 5th to 2nd. Danny made a Killer move out of the first turn Sunday for the win. Congrats from us to everyone who was there racing. It was a pretty good weekend for all! Cody won Cruiser Saturday! Mike smoked Danny Bushnell sunday for the win after being down in 46-50 on saturday. Chris Clift won and went expert on Saturday. Extreme team second on Saturday! Christian was fast but had bad luck on Sunday. Saturday, he lead to the last turn but got moved for second. I'm pretty sure he took the 2. Doc Alvey and his kids were strong all weekend! Clancey Welsh was fast and qualified well! Hard to watch them all working the track and worrying about our deal! That girl on the pink team won both days!!! Go Pinkys! Nice job Brenlee! I think Jack rides for them now. He did good!

Way to go everyone!!! I wish I could have made this one!!!

Dan, the "Pinkys" are the girls colors for Prestige--and yes, Jack Kelly is on Prestige now.

Return to “UtahBMX”