Tooele track update !!!!!

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Re: Tooele track update ?????

Postby bnd » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:00 am

Ok, A few things that need to be addressed & some finalized.

- Race dates.
Probebly & most likely is 2 races a month, every other weekend. Still Saturday nights. Outside sponsors are being pursued because lack of County funds & they are only willing to pay for 5 races. Anybody want to help sponsor a weekend of trophys? Contact me or Darrin.

- Track rebuild.
Hopefully this will happen in March. The early talks about this is keeping the last two straights but flipping them, putting the rythem section on the fenceline & the dubs on the inside. Cleaning up other areas of the track are probebly going to happen too.

- Everything about running the track is now on a volunteer basis including Darrin (who is coming back). Danita is going to get schooled in sign ups, Iv'e asked around if people can help out at the races & there is a ton of support (THANKS!). It's pretty easy to put on races out there but you still need a staging person, a starter, a scorer or two & somebody to hand out slips. In the past there hasn't really been an issue filling these positions so hopefully that will continue.

This is what I know & until Darrin confirms the race dates & track rebuild, this is the latest. Just like last year we will try to make every race special with No-Clips, cruiser open, 3-moto transfer & anything else that could add some spice to the night.

Stay tuned!

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:01 am

:D
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Lee_Geddings
Intense

Postby Lee_Geddings » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:31 am

Hey B...would it be possible to change the sign-up time from 5:30-7:00 to something like 5:00-6:00? I think an hour is plenty of time and that would allow the races to start a little sooner instead of the gate dropping at 8 or 8:30 (which has happened in the past). It would also allow for more riders to hang out after the races and BBQ/ride.....just a thought :?:
Lee Geddings
Team Manager
libertybmxracing@msn.com
(801) 510-5333

mhp800
GT

Postby mhp800 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:19 pm

Bruce

(Anybody want to help sponsor a weekend of trophy's? )

I don't think I could swing for the cost of trophy's but we do have and am sure a lot of other racers have trophy's that I would like to recycle . Let me know if we can help in this way .

Bill

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:32 pm

Lee- I would bet that Darrin would be up for anything the majority wants. Just remember that sunset would be a brute sometime during the motos.

Bill - I asked Darrin about that & I would imagine if it just had the placing he would welcome the donations. When I went back to Minnesota last July, after my mains I went to a table with a hodge-podge of trophys on it. I picked out the one that said "Champion" on it even though I took like 5th. :)

b.

Supa C
Intense

Postby Supa C » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:12 pm

How much does a days worth of trophies cost? I donated all of mine to a hot rod club a long time ago, but I still got a few kicking around.

Back in the eighties we used to have "Ribbon Races" to cut down on costs. Is that a possibility or did the aba make it illegal?

Jackie
GT

Postby Jackie » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:53 am

Bruce what is the cost that DP has to put on a weekly race? If they are only supporting 5 races is it the trophies? Could we not do certificates on the off weeks similar to Race for Life? I know my wife would like to donate about a 100+ small trophies collecting dust in the basement if that helps? What kind of money would we need to get from sponsors to keep it running every Sat night?

Let us all know when the track rebuild is scheduled and we will be there with shovels in hand ready to work.
Follow the fanny pack to the finish

bnd
Information Minister

Re: Tooele track update !!!!!

Postby bnd » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:10 pm

More news.......

I had a few people ask me this weekend if Deseret Peak would accept used trophys, the answer is YES!
If they are in very good shape & don't say anything on the plastic part, i.e. "2009 ABA Grands" :wink: , he can re-plate them no problem.
About 5 years ago I gathered up all my brothers & my tropheys & counted 400+, pulled about 30 special ones but gave the rest away to a trophey shop, dam!

Big meeting tomorrow too for Darrin with the complex, stay tuned.

b.

Return to “UtahBMX”