Utah's Next Pro?

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

Utah's Next Pro?

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:47 am

I loved your poll, but you forgot the most obvious choice to be in your poll. He's bigger, stronger, and faster than any other amatuer BMXer in all of Utah, and rumor has it he is considering turning pro at the GSL National. He doesn't race a full time schedule, but Cole Simmons is undoubtedly the fastest amatuer in this state, hands down. Anyone who knows BMX and has seen this kid ride knows that his skills are second to none here in Utah, and that includes the pros!
Props for the poll, but it isnt an objective one if this kid isn't in it.
He's the standard in the amature ranks now. Just like Jonas Harmon was and Kris Park before him. And he's a great kid too. Ive often seen him help younger riders as well as older ones too. My son and daughter love this kid, and so does my wife and I. He was the first one to offer help when we started racing almost 6 years ago. Im sure we're not the only ones who feel that way either.
Jason, I'm not being critical of this poll, just expressing my opinion, and thanking you for the opportunity to do so. :D

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:02 am

Jason, I'm not being critical of this poll

Are you sure, cause it sure sounds like it! LOL :D :lol: j/k!

Seriously, thanks for the feedback. That's the kind of info I need to help make this site truly great for everyone.

I originally had about 8 riders included, but needed to trim it down a little. I had Steve Spencer and Heather Allred on there too, but I'm not sure either has any plans to turn Pro after getting their NAG #1 plates :). I did think about Cole Simmons, because like you say, he just might be the fastest Utah amateur out there. But since he hasn't been out to the track as much as other riders, I didn't know if he planned to pursue a Pro BMX career.

I will be more than happy to add his name to the poll tonight :)
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:21 am

God bless the first ammendment :lol:

JasonStout
GT

Cole

Postby JasonStout » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:43 am

Vote Cole for Pro!!

JS

PEDDLEPUSHER
NEXT

Postby PEDDLEPUSHER » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:46 pm

I AGREE WITH COLE BEING THE BEST AMATEUR IN THE STATE TOO! I TALKED TO HIM ABOUT WHY HE DOESN'T RACE AS OFTEN ANYMORE AND HE SAID THAT HE IS WORKING NOW AND THAT TAKES ALOT OF HIS TIME. I THINK ITS BECAUSE AT HIS LEVEL THERE IS NOT A LOT OF COMPETITION AND HE DOESN'T WANT TO JUST SHOW UP AND RUIN SOMEONE ELSES FUN. PERSONALLY, I JUST LIKE TO SEE HIM RIDE AROUND THE TRACK EVEN IF HE'S NOT RACING. THE KID'S LOVE HIM AND HE'S NICE TO ALL OF THE YOUNGER RIDERS AND WILLING TO HELP THEM WITH TIPS AND ADVICE.
I THINK IF HE DID TURN PRO THAT IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR THE SPORT LOCALLY TOO.
BTW, YOU MENTIONED THAT YOU CONSIDERED STEVE SPENCER AS ONE WHO MIGHT TURN PRO ALSO. DID YOU KNOW THAT STEVE ONCE WAS AN A PRO? AND A GOOD ONE TOO.
YOU'RE DOING A GOOD JOB KEEPING THE INTEREST UP JASON, A TIP OF MY CAP TO YOU FROM ANOTHER DIE HARD BMXER AND HIS BMX FAMILY TOO.

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:59 pm

DID YOU KNOW THAT STEVE ONCE WAS AN A PRO?

In my best Dr. Evil impression....

Throw me a friggin' bone here. I'm the boss.... need the info...

( Disclaimer: If you haven't seen Austin Powers, than the above statement will not be funny. Please move along to the next statement)

I was not aware of that! The LEGEND continues...... :) :wink:
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:23 pm

I claim foul! I dont recall that Steve ever went pro :oops: Could I be wrong? or is the peddlepusher more informed than I?
Im saying the peddlepusher is wrong :)

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:26 pm

I must take a moment and give credit for the poll to our own bubbaliciousbmxr (Dani) for coming up with the poll idea!

Did anyone actually think I could come up with something that good on my own? LOL :wink: :D :shock:
Gallo

justinsbmxmom
SE Floval Flyer

Postby justinsbmxmom » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:12 pm

Looking at this TOTALLY AWESOME webpage....ummmm.....YES!
Jenni - SE Ridin' BMX Chic

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:07 pm

I now feel horrible about forgetting to put Cole Simmons down. Can you all forgive me? I am terribly sorry! :(
Dani

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:52 pm

Don't worry about it Dani, knowing Cole he would probably just as soon not be even mentioned in it. The only reason we said anything is because he deserves it, the consideration that is. You don't get as good as he is without alot of hard work and practice, so even though he would probably be embarrassed if he even knew that this was being discussed about him, I wanted to at least have him mentioned as the next pro from Utah, cause he'd be a good one.

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:54 pm

oh okay. Thank you for explaining it to me, I was starting to feel horrible about it. I feel a bit better now.

Who else should of been put on the poll that wasn't there?
Dani

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:01 pm

Who else should of been put on the poll that wasn't there?

ME!! :P

I always get looked over....... probably cause I'm so short :) :P

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:14 pm

I think that the girl who may go pro the soonest would be Tiffany Freeman, Lyndzee Spencer or Your's truly.

Me? Yeah right! :lol:

Anyways I think that Jason Stout could be a great Pro. He is a great example for other riders, he's nice, and he isn't afaraid to go out and try. I vote Stout.

Your not short Jason and even if you are- Short people are always the loudest! We won't miss you.
Dani

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:02 pm

Dani don't feel badly, there really aren't alot of riders, male or female that fall into the catagory of being a potential pro.
And I'm sure that you would make a wonderful lady pro too :D

Return to “UtahBMX”