Rad Canyon Indoor #4 Build Assistance

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

sspencer
Factory Bikini Cuts Hotshoe

Rad Canyon Indoor #4 Build Assistance

Postby sspencer » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:29 am

Here I am again, looking for a little help to get our next track dialed in for another great weekend of racing. The Friday of our last build saw the largest volunteer turnout ever! It was great to see so many people take an interest in helping out. Remember, these tracks are for YOU so if you are able put a little time and pride into our tracks it will be appreciated and you will feel good that you contributed.

A key component to our tremendous weekends is building a safe and quality track for all to enjoy. We usually only have around 8 to 9 hours to get the SL County arena tracks built so any set of hard working hands would be appreciated. Most of the handwork and prep will be done after 2:00pm so if you can make it out around of soon after that time it would be appreciated by the build crew as well as the racers who are ready to hit the track for practice asap on Friday night. .

Please remember that our races would not happen with out the valued help of all of our volunteers here in Utah.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing everyone out to the track this weekend!
Steve
Spence'- dizzle fo'- shizzle
UTAH BMX Charter Member

Jackie
GT

Re: Rad Canyon Indoor #4 Build Assistance

Postby Jackie » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:05 pm

What no ideas we cna not let steve off the hook with at least some ideas for this weekends build.

Steve can you request the SLC folks give you a little more dirt for this weekend? I was a big fan of having a little bank in turn one while keeping us guessing. Come on guys I know at least Travis, Bruce and Dan have some ideas.
Follow the fanny pack to the finish

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:53 pm

Jackie wrote:What no ideas we cna not let steve off the hook with at least some ideas for this weekends build.

Steve can you request the SLC folks give you a little more dirt for this weekend? I was a big fan of having a little bank in turn one while keeping us guessing. Come on guys I know at least Travis, Bruce and Dan have some ideas.

"I know nothing!"

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Alex-Gren
Schwinn

Postby Alex-Gren » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:35 pm

My vote, build it something like the track out in Farmington was this year.
That track was suuuuuper fun!

sspencer

Postby sspencer » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:46 pm

OK now, lets not get all of that started on this thread :wink: This one was simply asking for some sorely needed help building the track on Friday.

I have some new ideas that will be implemented so dont anyone worry about that. The thing is, not one of our tracks has been exactly like any of the others, just the footprint stays close to the same. In fact the footprint actually changes slightly each time too with the layout and positioning of the the sweeper so EVERY track is different.

As for the dirt, we had close to the same amount as we usually do. There are a few factors that can throw of ones perception when coming into the SL County arena. One is that we just came out of the Davis County arena which has nearly three times as much dirt as SL. Also I used more dirt to fix and bank the sweeper. I spent over an hour fixing the poorly banked and graded sweeper to get it right. That time severely cut into my day. Also quite a bit of dirt and time went into the triple going into the second turn. After all of that we were still only 20 minutes late getting the track built and used all of the dirt. Any more dirt would mean working late Friday and coming back early Saturday a.m. to get the track done in time for the clinic at 11:00am. That would wear the build crew pretty thin at that point.

So dont anybody fret, there will be a track in place Friday night :D
Steve

UTAH BMX Charter Member

sspencer

Postby sspencer » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:48 pm

My vote, build it something like the track out in Farmington was this year.
That track was suuuuuper fun!

I would like that too but that track took over 20 hours to build and we only have 8. Plus they had a lot more dirt.

Steve

UTAH BMX Charter Member

Return to “UtahBMX”