indoor track layout ideas???

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

joker75
SBC Army

Re: indoor track layout ideas???

Postby joker75 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:50 am

Thanks to Steve, Dallas, Jason, and all those who donate their time to make the quality tracks that we see during indoor, and for the great job they do of maintaining the outdoor track as well. I wish I had more time to help with the build or demolition. I will definitely try harder to get there to help out this year. I think the sweeper is definitely a difficult turn to figure out, but a lot of it is trial and error to figure out what you, your bike and the track are capable of holding. I think I have the error part mastered, now I just need to figure out the rest.

See you all in a couple of weeks for some more good times,

Hal
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

PAPAWHEELY
Schwinn

Postby PAPAWHEELY » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:17 am

How about more VHT(drag strip sticky stuff) in the sweeper LOL.
And!!! A couple of jumps us 60 year old BIG AIR DEFICIENT cruisers can clear.

Thanks Steve and your crew.
Looking to forward to South Jordan.

Matt

Jackie
GT

Postby Jackie » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:49 pm

This is awesome!! I love the passion around our sport. Steve Spencer is a gift to us to be able to ride through the winter on such high calibur tracks. I am going to keep coming and trying to help build the track under Steve's direction. Looking forward to the next weekend. I just wish I was fast enough that none of this mattered.

Much thanks and respect to Steve for doing what you do for us I really appreciate you giving me a place to play with my kids.
Follow the fanny pack to the finish

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:35 pm

first forgive me for the typos I commit, its hard to type with 1 1/2 hands

Thanks for all the great ideas and great comments. Keep them coming! We need new ideas, new thoughts etc.
All the ideas are great, however what we need is an idea or ideas that can solve the main problems we have. 1. time 2. more dirt 3. more personnel 4. space

Time and dirt are the biggest factor, more dirt needs more time and more personnel.

What is really needed is a machine that takes the dirt we have grinds it up and doubles it! Then makes more people to put it in place all within the time we have to build the track. Anyone got any ideas on how to build such a machine?

In the meantime lets keep trying otherway to fix these problems. I know we can come up with some other ideas to help with these issues.
Thanks guys for all everyone does to help with the races, no matter what their contribution is. We have an amazing group of Utah bmxers
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

scootrrydr
Huffy

Postby scootrrydr » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:38 pm

Hey! What's wrong with disco music?

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:57 pm

scootrrydr wrote:Hey! What's wrong with disco music?

EVERYTHING! Including the pants and lights!

Don't tell me, Miguel, that you've got a closet full of this stuff and the only time you dare wear it is Halloween...

Return to “UtahBMX”