For those thinking about going to Rockford in June.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

For those thinking about going to Rockford in June.

Postby bnd » Tue May 19, 2009 5:07 pm

Look here - - http://www.vintagebmx.com/community/ind ... c=27027962

Iv'e been 3 times & have had the time of my life. I highly suggest you attend the dinner & all the after parties on Saturday night. Forget about racing Sunday too, trust me. 8)

A few pics from over the years.......

Toby Henderson signing autographs. In 05' I ended up in a hotel lounge bsing ' with him & a few other dudes at 3am in the morning. Don't ask me how I got there.

Just one of the hundreds of displays in the museum.

One of my alltime highlights while at a Rockford event, meeting Jim Melton of JMC fame & ABA Hall of Famer.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

bnd
Information Minister

Re: For those thinking about going to Rockford in June.

Postby bnd » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:57 pm

So who's going?

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

ZDM
Huffy

Postby ZDM » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:11 pm

I'd love to go, but I guess I'm going to have to get out of the landscape maintenance business first. No way I can justify turning away work to go.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:11 pm

My cell phone started buzzing with test messages last night around 10:30pm & hasn't stopped as of right now. I literally have received 50+ tx's, that's a HUGE amount for me. People & friends from all around the U.S., pretty awesome!

BMX rules!

b.

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:23 pm

Anyone other than the Fordham's head out to Rockford?

9 GIRLS Total Riders = 6 Groups = 1
1 (BLASTIN) BRENLEE FORDHAM, EXTREME TEAM, W JORDAN, UT
2 KORIE (MINI BULLET) GILBERT, FACTORY SUN BRU/YUMS, PEARLAND, TX
3 MATTIE (MATTITUDE) PUSATERI, MUDSLINGERS/FLY/CRUPI, LOMBARD, IL
4 ANYA (BEANIE BABY) MALARSKI, RCJ RACING/ODC/661/VAYPO, ST MICHAEL, MN
5 ZOE (FIREFLY) MEEUSEN-NORRIS, BOMBSHELL, LINCOLN, NE

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:14 pm

I watched on the Go211 stream and I think I saw Jack Kelley out there rockin' it too.

We missed Rockford this year. We have been for the past three and its always a blast. Bruce mentioned the Vintage parties and stuff. Cool beans, but I never went. It was so exhausting getting the kid(s) through a day of racing there that i usually just went out to dinner with some folks and crashed afterward.

There are definitely two streams of activity though: The Old Vintage guys, and the racer set, and the funny thing is that each group really sticks to itself. I was one of the few that would bridge the two because I always had to check out the old-school bikes. I also always bought tickets to the Vintage dinner and party - I just never went.

Rockford is good times. Also one of the nicer facilities in the country. My only warning would be the heat and the fact that it rains every year, and once that wet Soil-Tac works its way onto the turns, it is slicker than "gorilla snot" (a Burlin Harris quote).

Return to “UtahBMX”