Rick Eglintine updates?

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Rick Eglintine updates?

Postby bnd » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:32 pm

Rick went down in practice & hurt himself pretty bad Saturday evening.

Anybody know excatly whats wrong, where he's at & how long will he be there?
If he's in the hospital, I would like to visit him.

Thanks,
Bruce

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:35 pm

I was also looking for an update... my wife told me that Ron announced "...no broken bones but they had to pull broken bike parts from his leg."

That makes me a little squeamish! :shock:

D Dale
GT

Postby D Dale » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:26 am

Rick is ok. Nothing is broke thank goodness. Just a gash in his leg from the brake lever. They stitched him up and sent him home. He will be sore for a while but he is ok an we are very thankful.

Thanks for a the well wishes. I'm sure he will post soon.

Darla :D

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:37 am

Oh my!!! BEST NEWS first thing in the morning!!

When we found out up on the deck it was Rick, a few of us got pretty emotional. After I found out it was him I loaded up & drove home. I was bummed for him all night long.

Thanks Darla for sharing good news. :)

b.

ricke
NEXT

Postby ricke » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:44 pm

Hi everyone. Surprisingly after all the blood....I am ok. Just a good gash in my upper left thigh from my brake lever. (if anyone saw the crash...I'd love to hear your version of what you saw.) No broken bones, no damage to the artery....just some stiches. I did cut the muscle which I think is the cause of most of my pain. They stiched it up and the muscle should heal on it's own.

I feel really lucky today....for not being more seriously hurt and for having such great friends. A huge thanks to everyone who helped me, who watched my boys after I left in the ambulance and for all the good thoughts and wishes sent my way. You all are great friends and I'm especially thankfull to you all.

I'll be back in January at RAD Canyon Indoor. If I don't see you before that.....Happy Holidays.

Rick
Rick E.

Extreme Team Coach
GHP

Postby Extreme Team Coach » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:56 pm

Rick

Man its good to hear that you are up and going even a little. I do got to tell ya you had me a little freaked out ! WOW !!! I'm sooo glad you are ok buddy ! If we can do anything please let me know. I'm looking forward to seeing you back on the track in action :lol: Get well soon
2010 ABA NATIONAL #1 TROPHY TEAM

BMXBOB
Huffy

Yer freakin' leg.

Postby BMXBOB » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:56 pm

Good to hear broman. Get well soon. Let me know if you need anything.
Git Some! -Bob

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:21 am

it's funny how words get twisted but not funny that you got hurt... but I tell you what, you're much better off than what I was overhearing!

I hope you're up and around soon!

ricke
NEXT

Postby ricke » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:12 am

Yeah...I heard some of the rumors. I did have some metal shaving in my leg from my brake lever. I also had some small pieces of my pant stuck in there. I will be wearing leathers for now on...I think that may have helped. If your kids are not wearing leathers I recommend that you get them a pair. I will be more than happy to share some pictures of my leg with you if you need any conveincing.

Rick
Rick E.

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:35 pm

ricke wrote:I will be more than happy to share some pictures of my leg with you if you need any conveincing.
I work in a hospital and I stay away from the 'blood and guts' as much as possible--I get squeamish a little easy... but something is compelling me to want to see these photos. But if I did, I'd probably hurl! :cry: :shock:

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:37 pm

Rick,
e-mail the pics @ bndrace@comcast.net.

b.

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:32 pm

I was there for all the live action!

I've seen the pics and the real deal was much worse. Pic didn't show how deep the cut was!

I'm glad you're okay!

JS

BLong
GT

Postby BLong » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:33 pm

b2 wrote:I work in a hospital and I stay away from the 'blood and guts' as much as possible--I get squeamish a little easy... but something is compelling me to want to see these photos. But if I did, I'd probably hurl! :cry: :shock:

way to tell your competition how to take you down. great combat strategy is to make the enemy so sick that they do not have the will to fight :twisted:

-Brian
----------------------------
truebmx.com

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:26 pm

BLong wrote:
b2 wrote:I work in a hospital and I stay away from the 'blood and guts' as much as possible--I get squeamish a little easy... but something is compelling me to want to see these photos. But if I did, I'd probably hurl! :cry: :shock:

way to tell your competition how to take you down. great combat strategy is to make the enemy so sick that they do not have the will to fight :twisted:

-Brian
haha! good one... but that's ok, I just yawn at the beginning of our heats and get all of the other old guys yawning too. it really takes them out of it.

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:07 am

I hear wearing a colostomy bag helps too :)
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Return to “UtahBMX”