Where to ride in Davis County

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

Trunions
Huffy

Where to ride in Davis County

Postby Trunions » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:28 pm

I'm wondering where people in Davis County practice. I am getting back into bmx I haven't raced since 1984 ( quit racing and started riding flatland freesyle) I haven't found any place in the Layton area to practice. I ride the local trails on my mountian bike, but I really need to get some time in on my bmx bike. I'm hoping to start racing at the indoor series this october. I had knee surgery a few moths ago and I'm hoping my knee is ready by then. So if anyone has any suggestions on place to ride in the Davis County area I would be very greatful.

BLAAG
Liberty BMX Team Commander

Postby BLAAG » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:34 am

First off welcome back. As for BMX riding in Davis County...GOOD LUCK. I've been trying to start a track up here since I returned from Korea in Sep 2005. I was told Layton City actually has some kind of rule that no "BMX" parks or tracks are allowed but they have no problem with skate parks. It really blows me away with some of the answers I have been given :roll: I'm not giving up though...Ok, I'm off my soap box. :wink:

Now, there is a small "pump" track in Clinton (across the street from the City Building) and 4th street track in Ogden that myself and other Northern BMXers spend some time at. It's nothing to write home about but it does keep the legs moving.

Let me know if you are interested in carpooling to and from races this winter. I amalso coming back from knee surgery and plan on racing the October indoors. I also go to Rock Springs for thier indoor series.

Feel free to give me a call if have any questions 776-4713.

See you at the races!

JAlvey
GT

Postby JAlvey » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:33 am

Hey trevor.

There's a whole lot of nothing up here, although that's kind of a surprise since there are a lot of bmx'rs up here in Davis/Weber counties. The Clinton pump track is ok. There are some small jumps in Riverdale by the city hall building. 4th street is fun, but a bit further to go. I street in SLC isn't too far and a lot of fun. That's about it though for now.

Lee- have you ever talked to any of the other local cities like Syracuse/Clinton/Farminton about building anything?

kwelsh
NEXT

Postby kwelsh » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:33 pm

Hey Trevor,

If you need a ride to Salt Lake we have room for you.
Give us a call. (801-309-8127 Ginger & Kevin Welsh)
(Hugh Holman's daughter).

Blake
NEXT

Re: Where to ride in Davis County

Postby Blake » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:49 am

Hey you really need to ride the clinton pump track it's a good place to practice. Or just wait until the indoor series. Good Luck!! :D
Blake

Return to “UtahBMX”