Downhill riding!

Any topic you want. Put your suit on and enjoy the bubbles. Just don't make your own!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

JasonStout
GT

Downhill riding!

Postby JasonStout » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:30 am

Okay!

So yesterday I went to Bountiful and rode the downhill course where they have the Bountiful Bomber race in June- oh!- it was awesome!

I'm just curious to know of anyone in the BMX scene who spends anytime doing that kind of extreme downhill riding. I've bike cross country, mountain trails, slickrock, and a few mild downhill courses, but I have never dreamed of riding the stuff I rode in Bountiful at those speeds.

The technology of the bike was amazing. Disk brakes, and smart suspension, combined with 2.6 inch tires created a ride quite the ride!

Do we have any downhillers? Check in please.....

Jason Stout

Dave Williams

downhillers

Postby Dave Williams » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:10 pm

Downhill is my favorite pass time activity, or shall I say was until I wrecked in June. I got knocked out, sprained my neck, broke my collar bone and tore all the tendons and ligaments in my right ankle, and had post concussive problems. That happened with full body armor and a full face helmet. I had surgery in August and won't be able to put pressure on my foot, walk, or ride until the end of November or December. My bike has 8.5" of Suspension, 8" disc Brakes, and 3.0" Tires. You can fly on it. Probably the only downside is it allows you to be sloppy and it still covers for you. Some of my friends and I are going to Whistler, BC at the end of next June for a week of downhill activity. You're welcome to come along.

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:21 pm

Nope. Never downhilled. Closest I've gotten is Ogden Raceway :)

BUT, I did catch an AWESOME show on downhill MTB'ng over the weekend. I have Comcast cable, and it was on channel 3. It was basically just a Warren Miller type movie showcasing downhillers, it looked pretty sweet. They also showed them jumping trail style jumps performing everything from simple x-ups to 360's to back flips.

Pretty awesome stuff.
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

JasonStout
GT

Crashing sucks!

Postby JasonStout » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:35 am

The two guys I rode with last Sat. just returned from BC. I saw pictures and the resort looked amazing! Do you have any pics you can post. Give these BMXers a glimpse of a grown-up bike park.

As some of you know, Whistler is world famous for downhill and free riding! The terrain is amazing. The work they put into the trails is comparable to what we put into our tracks. I'll see if my roomates have any pics in binary code they could post on here.

Dave, I'm sorry to hear that you wrecked. I wish you a speedy recovery.

I crashed 3 times on my run. I flipped over the bars on one turn and landed upside down and backwards against the tree. The tree kidney punched me! I've been peeing blood for days now.(just kidding). I was laughing the whole way over the bars! I wasn't going fast enough to cause any serious damage. The other two wrecks were just slide outs, where I bailed and ran out of it.

When you heal, come get some skillz back on the bmx track! LOL

Jason Stout

Return to “UtahBMX Hot Tub”