Congrats to our Utah riders in Rockford!

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

J Gallo
Web Guy

Congrats to our Utah riders in Rockford!

Postby J Gallo » Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:37 pm

Here's the finishes from the Rockford ABA Nationals!

Friday Pre-Race:

30 + BS Stops Here Open Total Riders = 51
1st Place - (TP) TODD PARRY, SUPERCROSS, AMERICAN FORK, UT

9 EXPERT Total Riders = 18
2nd Place - PHOENIX PASSEY, TLD/LIZARDS SKINS/PBP, SALT LAKE CITY, UT

Saturday National #1

GIRLS PRO Total Riders = 7
2nd Place - ARIELLE"AIRBORN"MARTIN, ANSWER/NW/SUPERCROSS, CEDAR HILLS, UT

VETERAN PRO Total Riders = 20
2nd Place - (TP) TODD PARRY, SUPERCROSS, AMERICAN FORK, UT

25&OVER MIXED OPEN Total Riders = 10
8th Place - IAN"BELLY" ELLIOTT, TLD/PERFORMANCE BIKE, MURRAY, UT

9-10 OPEN Total Riders = 12
8th Place - PHOENIX PASSEY, TLD/LIZARDS SKINS/PBP, SALT LAKE
CITY, UT

25 & OVER OPEN Total Riders = 3
3rd Place - BRUCE "ALMIGHTY" RITTER, CHICOS BAIL BONDS, SALT LAKE CITY, UT

17-27 GIRLS Total Riders = 10
7th Place - HEATHER ALLRED, STAATS/LIZARD SKIN, MURRAY, UT

36-40 CRUISER Total Riders = 27
3rd Place - STEVE SPENCER, STAATS, DRAPER, UT

17-20 GIRLS CRUISER Total Riders = 7
4th Place - HEATHER ALLRED, STAATS/LIZARD SKIN, MURRAY, UT

9 EXPERT Total Riders = 28
6th Place - PHOENIX PASSEY, TLD/LIZARDS SKINS/PBP, SALT LAKE CITY, UT

36 & OVER EXPERT Total Riders = 14
2nd Place - STEVE SPENCER, STAATS, DRAPER, UT
8th Place - BRUCE "ALMIGHTY" RITTER, CHICOS BAIL BONDS, SALT LAKE CITY, UT

Sunday National #2 Results

GIRLS PRO Total Riders = 7
2nd Place - ARIELLE"AIRBORN"MARTIN, ANSWER/NW/SUPERCROSS, CEDAR HILLS, UT

VETERAN PRO Total Riders = 18
3rd Place - (TP) TODD PARRY, SUPERCROSS, AMERICAN FORK, UT

17-27 GIRLS Total Riders = 10

36-40 CRUISER Total Riders = 22
8th Place - STEVE SPENCER, STAATS, DRAPER, UT

17-20 GIRLS CRUISER Total Riders = 7

36 & OVER EXPERT Total Riders = 11
8th Place - STEVE SPENCER, STAATS, DRAPER, UT

Congrats again to all our Utah Riders!!
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:41 pm

I wrote up a nice report on my trip, you can read it over at Vintage BMX, here's the link.........

http://www.vintagebmx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=004699

BTW, I'm done racing for the summer.

b.

JasonStout
GT

Bruce!

Postby JasonStout » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:18 am

Great race report! It sounds like you had a fun weekend. Tough break on the 30+ race. You're always a good sport though! You make it fun for those racing, whether that includes you or not.

Tell us more about the vintage show. You didn't tell much about the bikes you got to see. Did you show any bikes?

Let's go jump some trails on your P2 or something this summer!

Peace

JS

JasonStout
GT

Utah riders!

Postby JasonStout » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:23 am

TP, Ari, Steve, Bruce, Ian n' Heather, Phoenix,- way to represent!

Congrats to all of you for your great finishes.

What else about the weekend? Let's hear some individual race reports...

TP- what was the "One lap no crap " like from your eyes?
Ari- Nice job! 2 2nds! Great work!
Ian and Heather- are you two headed to the worlds?
Phoenix! You're a great racer! I'm glad you made it out there. Nice job making your mains, especially that tough 9-10 open! Keep it up. (Rob- did you get a chance to watch the drag races this weekend- they were awesome! When do you race next?-cars that is...oh- and I have your tires...)
B.-Tell us more about your decision not to race. Mark M. has his 20" leaning up against the fence for sale. He's having a great summer riding the road bikes. I'd like to go join him a few times this summer.
What are you gonna be doing- bike-wise this summer?

JS

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:04 pm

Jason,

You really have to be there to understand how big this event is. I could go on & on but it was the best national Iv'e ever been to, racing really takes a back seat to the VBMX gathering. I had "The 26"incher" ask about your Littlejohn cruiser. I met so many people I lost count. The weather was perfect. The track is all about horses down the first straight then it get kindof tech, but the berms were made for passing. The VBMX site will have pic's up soon of the museum & you'll be blown away. I did notice that the "retro" stuff is getting really big, you know making newschool frames with an OS look. Even though I did goood in my moto's in the BS race, I should of made the mains, I drew a good 1/4 & got a bad start. Oh well, I'm pretty happy overall.

Things are a changing this summer for sure. Mark isn't racing 20" anymore, Steve is hurt, Ian is hurt, Melton is hurt, & I am taking a summer break for sure. Like I said I only have so many races in me during the year & I want to take advantage of the good months to MTB & road ride. Some of the CRAP that went down around here in the last few weeks didn't help either, tired of being around idiot(s) that only think of themselves. I am going to miss the Sat. night racing though & the $1 Open series will still go on. If you guys have any questions about it you've got to speak with Rich or the Cooks directly. I might make it out to RC now & then depending on if Vincent wants to race, but he wants a break too.

I'm already planning on Rockford next year & plan on bringing the family. I'll be around supporting this site, the local scene & I have a few articles & things planned so stay tuned.

So Stout, Rich, Gallo, Greg, Lurker Mike, Matt & the other older guys, carry the torch in the older classes this summer! 8)

b.

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:45 pm

Congrats to all the riders in Rockford!!! Way to go Guys and Gals!!!
Jason
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:50 pm

So Stout, Rich, Gallo, Greg, Lurker Mike, Matt & the other older guys, carry the torch in the older classes this summer!

Maybe I should bump myself up to expert so at least we all get some good points! :)

Maybe not.

Your Intermediate for Life,
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

tread
Old School Bike Expert

Postby tread » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:19 pm

Good job guys! :D

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

Postby greg » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:29 am

Great job at the Rock, all!!

b,
I'm sorry to hear that you won't be racing this summer. I'm sure we'll see ya a few times around the track...'cause you need to get Vincent into expert. Spencer will be there waiting for him, as well as a few of the other Inters. As we have talked about before, it would be great to have them all turn ex.......it would make for some great racing in that class.
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

TP

Postby TP » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:39 pm

JS, hey man, one lap no grap from my eyes? Well, I knew I was suppose to win so I just wanted to get out of the gate clean. I told myself to just do a safe gate, don't lose the race at the gate. I was running a little harder gear than I normally would have but half way down the first straight I would pull everyone so I just left it on and hoped nobody cut me off before my gear kicked in. I got the gate that I expected not to great just clean. then I just turned on the gas. I knew if I hit the triple ahead or even the race to the first corner was over because I was hittin it way smooth. Wray and downey got good starts on the outside and were a little ahead of me at the dropoff. the first straight makes a small right turn as you go down it so the outside lanes have a little less distance to the triple. the thing is you just know that by the time you hit the first corner it will all even out so just don't panic. have faith in your riding and know you will pull it out. I won to the first corner and all of a sudden Melton comes out of nowhere and goes under me. I was in shock!! I heard the home crowd cheer when he passed me and it lit a fire under me big time! I didn't know if I could pass the local pro on his home track or not but I was going to crash trying. I didn't come to get second place. I railed the second turn hit the third straight flying! I was going inside all the way, Melton bonked a jump alittle and gave me the chance I needed. I went inside, we bumped I went ahead, I moved up and brake checked him a little and charged down the last straight to victory. It was an awesome race and was alot of fun!!! I got home and read some of the stuff on the web about so and so getting the pop and winning to the triple and blah blah blah. well last time I checked the race was from the gate to the finish line! I mean heck, Warwick Stevensen won all three AA mains to the first corner on sunday and Kyle Bennett passed him all three times so who is THE MAN? the one who won to the triple,first corner,second corner or the finish line? I won my 1/4,semi and main what more can I do? maybe next year we could have three mains? anyway, it was fun I just wish some people would give credit when credit is due!! I'll see you all out at the races, TP

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:28 pm

Geez Todd, you got all the credit due & then some. If I'm reading between the lines your prob referring to Pliskas & my race reports. You want to know excatly why I wanted everybody to know what happened to the triple? Jerry Landrum & his biased-assed review right after the race on bmx mania.com. He had absolutly no mention of Wray whatsoever....the guy needs new glasses. I would of done the same for you if you were slighted as bad as that. Dave just about threw his laptop out of the hotel window after reading Jerrys write up that night. Iv'e dubbed him the "Rodney Dangerfield of BMX" (no respect). That's the bottom line there.
You've got nothing but respect & praise from the BMX world including all of us in Utah. Don't think your getting dissed cuz your not.

b.

TP

Postby TP » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:19 pm

b,
no big deal, I got a smile on my face. I told Dave that he was way faster than I gave him credit for. Downey the same. I am a Wray fan big time and he is always pullin for me to kick some Vet booty so it's all good. I have no problem, it just made me shake my head. It was like the race is two days old and here we go again. You gave me props also. If you noticed on vintage I made it a point to try and tell everyone good job, even the nbler's but they are all pretty quiet? it makes me laugh. I'm reliefed I won and feel lucky to have won. now I am going to try and focus on getting some more good vet finishes so I can have a shot at the title at the grands!! anyway, it's all good, I just had to get my .02 in. check you all later, TP

Return to “Race Reports”