Thanks Rad Canyon

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

rythum time
Schwinn

Thanks Rad Canyon

Postby rythum time » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:39 pm

I just wanted to take a minute to thank Robert and his group of volenteers for keeping the track up and running through October. :D

As the days get shorter and the nights get cooler it would be alot easier for these people to go home and enjoy something other than BMX.

Not only does this extra time on the track help the riders that are competiting nationally but also will benifit the hole UTAH BMX scene.

Thanks again, for putting that jacket on (trying to stay warm) and making it happen for the good of UTAH BMX.

Rick E.

sspencer
Factory Bikini Cuts Hotshoe

Postby sspencer » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:58 pm

I second that "Thank You" to the RAD CANYON crew.
Most racers and families take what we have for granted and dont realize how lucky we are to have one of thee best facilities in the country (even the world) and a volunteer group that is second to none. Their job is thankless but they dont work off of praise, they are out there because of their passion for the sport and the UTAH BMX scene. Once the weather tells us to go inside these are the same people who work hard to get the indoor races up and going.

THANK YOU ALL! :D

Now if I can just be home long enough to come out to the track :(
Steve
Spence'- dizzle fo'- shizzle
UTAH BMX Charter Member

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:32 pm

YES! A BIG THANKS TO ALL AT RAD CANYON! And every other Utah track as well!

I agree with Steve. There is very litlte glory in what these great folks do. They work hard for no money and very little appreciation. Sometimes they have kids who race. Sometimes they don't. Either way it is out of pure love and enjoyment of this great sport. I hope they know how much pure fun and how many smiles their hard work puts on peoples faces.

One of the coolest things I have discovered as our little family has travelled the West over the past year is that Rad Canyon is absolutely the best track we have been to. It is all of our volunteers who make it happen. Thank you all.
~Curtis

Punk-Biker940
GT

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:18 pm

Is there going to be a track re-build at the outdoor Rad Canyon when the time comes??

Darla

Postby Darla » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:51 pm

As a volunteer at Rad Canyon thanks for the kind words.
I can't speak for all but for me it is for the love of the sport and the kids
both little and big that brings me out to the track.

I love that I get the chance to meet new people and hang out with friends that without this wonderful sport I wouldn't have. I get to share the sport with my boys and my husband.

So again, thanks for the kind words but it is really the parents that bring their kids out that allow us volunteers to do what we do and have fun doing it.

See ya at the track,

Darla

Dave W
28-35 State Champ

Postby Dave W » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:06 pm

I have to say amen to all that's been said. Rad Canyon is top notch in my book, but what really made me feel welcome and enjoy going is the wonderful volunteers. Thanks again
Dave

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:27 pm

Alex,
Yes next year we will rebuild the outdoor track. We do it every year! LOL
Glad we have awhile to put it all together
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357