Rad Canyon Indoor March 3-12 Legacy Center Farmington Ut

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Rad Canyon Indoor March 3-12 Legacy Center Farmington Ut

Postby mackdaddy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:36 pm

The following is the schedule for Rad indoor at the Legacy Center in Farmington
Fri March 2 - Reg 5:30pm to 7pm Cost is $10
Sat March 3 - Reg 2:30pm to 4pm Cost is $10
3 Hour Clinic 11 am – 2 pm $20.00 fee

Sun March 4- Reg 9-10 am Cost is $10,
We will have a Pro-am race

Tues March 6 Practice 6 – 9 pm $5.00
Wed March 7 Clinic 6 – 9 pm $10.00
Thurs March 8 Practice 6 – 9 pm $5.00

Fri March 9 - Reg 5:30pm to 7pm Cost is $10
Sat March 10 - Reg 2:30pm to 4pm Cost is $10
Crazy Old guy clinic , BMX Yard Sale Sat only, $10 for a 10X10 spot.

Sun March 11- Reg 9-10 am Cost is $10,
We will have a Pro-am race

Let me know if there are any questions
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

TP
Stud Vet Pro

Re: Rad Canyon Indoor March 3-12 Legacy Center Farmington Ut

Postby TP » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:43 pm

Hey Jason....I would really like to do a clinic or two during the indoor season.... maybe an old guy clinic and a kids clinic... any thoughts? can you help me with this?

Thanks! TP

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:19 pm

TP, We have 2 weekends left of indoor. Heather is doing her clinic this Sat so that day is out. The next Sat March 10th is the Crazy Old guy clinic and that is being run by Dave Cote and Brent Barton. I understand they have instructors, so you will have to get with them on that.
That takes the next 2 Sat out since we dont have any other times available on those days. If you want to try for other times or days you will need to talk to Ron. He is the final say on anything to do with the schedule. I just post the info.
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
(801)860-9357

TP
Stud Vet Pro

Postby TP » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Thanks Jason!

the Short of it.... the clinics at Rad are on lock down...lol...... How do you feel about this Wayne?LOL

Does anyone reading this run a track or know someone that runs a track that would be willing to give me a chance to run a clinic?

Skew
GT

Postby Skew » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:21 pm

TP wrote:Thanks Jason!

the Short of it.... the clinics at Rad are on lock down...lol...... How do you feel about this Wayne?LOL

Does anyone reading this run a track or know someone that runs a track that would be willing to give me a chance to run a clinic?

I'd certainly pay to attend a clinic you were teaching. I've already received a lot of good instruction from you.
Logan

billyschuler
GT

Postby billyschuler » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:53 pm

TP....THERES ALWAYS TOOELE !!!! ALL WE NEED IS A NON WINDY SUNNY DAY WITH AT LEAST SOME DRY DAYS LEADING UP TO IT SO THE MOON MUD HARDENS UP,,,
Freedom Energy/ODEN/Dirt Militia Team Manager

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:02 pm

TP,
We are not on lock down with clinics. Its a little tuff to come to the table the last 2 weeks of the season and expect dates to be left open. Please review the entire schedule for the indoor, Clinics were scheduled once a month for the entire season.There are weekends that were left open for people to come in and do clinics. The clinic for this weekend is geared towards new riders, since we anticipate a large new rider turnout and this clinic has been scheduled since the indoor season opened. The COG clinic requested by the riders and submitted to Ron which was put on the schedule before Christmas. Are we to cancel these on the schedule since someone else wants to do a clinic? The best thing to do is get with Ron to schedule a clinic for the outdoor. We have plenty of dates open.
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
(801)860-9357

ogr13
COG

Postby ogr13 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:33 pm

TP,
Brent & I are trying to coordinate COG (28 & Over, guys and girls) clinics at every track in Utah and would like to have you as an instructor at one.
We are not looking to make money at this, it all goes to the track & the instructor(s).
We just want to provide targeted opportunities for the COGs to improve our skills, regardless of team affiliation.
We have not yet finalized the schedule or instructors.
If that's something you would like to be involved with, please let either of us know.
Last edited by ogr13 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Cote
Crazy Old Guy

Ron DeHeer
Huffy

Postby Ron DeHeer » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:12 pm

Does the clinic Wednesday have a sign up or is it just show up? Also who is teaching that one?

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Ron D. There will be a sign up or you can just show up. its your choice. Heather is teaching it as far as I know.
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
(801)860-9357

TP
Stud Vet Pro

Postby TP » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:22 pm

Jason... no worries:).... just an FYI ... this is the 3rd or 4th time I have asked about doing a possible clinic... I guess I just need to schedule a birthday party;)... I know my experience...knowledge or resume wouldn't qualify me to teach a new rider clinic or a bunch of COG'S:).....

It is really hilarious that I could go to almost ANY track in the country and be welcomed with open arms and I can't do a clinic at my home track.... LOL... classic!

Strap up tight gents... see you on the gate;)

Hey Wayne... we need to chat... give me a call

Everyone have a lovely day!.... after all BMX is fun!

TP
Stud Vet Pro

Postby TP » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Oh...LOL... isn't the legacy track open for 10 days?... that's a tight schedule to have clinic in...;)

Wild Bills BMX
Schwinn

Postby Wild Bills BMX » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Would love to see T.P. put a Expert clinic on for are riders .
I know the sports needs to grow from the newbies .
But there are a lot of expert that are trying to step up there game here .

Todd try to get a couple spots at Rad before the Great Salt Lake National . Will be there .

Good Luck !!!

nrm
NEXT

Postby nrm » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:32 am

TP,
Instead of getting on UtahBMX and whinning and taking pot shots at people and programs, put your big boy pants on and talk to Ron.

TP
Stud Vet Pro

Postby TP » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:17 am

Nancy,

I have much respect for you.. that goes way back to when I was a kid... this IS the internet... so please know I am smiling when I say this...

I'm FAR from taking pot shots at anyone or any programs..... I'm done talking... done asking... it's not that big of a deal.... I have had LOTS of riders ask me if I could do a clinic... I know Rad is all about doing what is best for the riders in Utah;)... As you probably know... I haven't done a clinic in at least 5 or 6 years... no worries here at all... As in most other sports in the world BMX clinics or the ability to do them is political... I will use what options are available to me and not lose sleep over ones that aren't.

Again... I thought forums were used for discussion? maybe I am wrong? I wasn't aware that I was only aloud to post through rose colored glasses... I can tell you as the current union vice president and current football booster club president.. I WELCOME peoples options... suggestions.. and comments... good, bad or indifferent... If I know I am doing the best I can.... why would I worry about somebody questioning the way I do things? You probably don't think so... But I MIGHT have some good input when it comes to BMX..maybe not? LOL

As far as putting my big boy pants on?.... you made me laugh... that's coming from you.... and not Ron or Jason.... I don't think my wife or my mom has ever had to tell someone to put their big boy pants on because they posted something on the internet about me or to me?...FYI... I have talked to Ron .... more than once... I would WELCOME a discussion with Ron... If by your comment you are suggesting I am somehow scared to talk to Ron? You don't know mw very well and don't know about what I do as a profession... TALKING to and in front of people is what I do...:)

If my comment were that hurtful and they were taking pot shots at people or the Rad program.. they were misunderstood... If they were that bad.. I guess they can ban me from UTHABMX...:)

Everyone have a great day.... After all I gave you all something funny to read! see you all this weekend:) TP

PS.. If anyone offended by my options or comments would like to talk you can call me anytime.. those that know me..know I am a really easy going guy:) 801-360-3381.. If someone could send me Rons number I would LOVE to give him a call:)

Return to “UtahBMX”