3 B's hit the trails!

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

3 B's hit the trails!

Postby bnd » Sat May 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Beau, Billy & Bruce.
Beau & Billy Mahaffey are cousins & live in Rock Springs. After going up to I-Street last weekend I put out the invite to Beau to come on down & do some riding, well to my surprise they called on Friday night & said they would be down Saturday. We first went up to I-Street & rode our tails off. Even though it had been raining the riding conditions were perfect. We rode till we were just dog tired.
I then took them over to Tanner Park to see the trails there, too big & burly for any of us but it was still cool to see & they were stoked. We then went to check out the Riverton Trails next to Riverton skatepark. On the surface it doesn't look like much but after taking the time to check things out we ended up spending alot of time there jumping. That place has alot of potential for sure.
We then stopped by Spencers house to say hi then The Mahaffeys dropped me off before going back home to Wyoming. 6 or so hours of riding with your buds, I doesn't get any better than that!
We hope to do this again in 2 weeks. Hit me up if your interested in joining us. Here are some pics form Riverton Trails.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

mhp800
GT

Re: 3 B's hit the trails!

Postby mhp800 » Sat May 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Looks like a ton of fun ! But you guys are a bad example for the young riders riding and jumping with no helmets .

Its all about helmet safety . :shock:

ogr13
COG

Postby ogr13 » Sat May 01, 2010 7:27 pm

Looks like a great COG event!
Let me know, and I'll attend the next one.
I will wear a helmet so Big Bill doesn't yell at me... :mrgreen:
Dave Cote
Crazy Old Guy

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sun May 02, 2010 9:48 am

Quote -
"I'm not a role model... Just because I dunk a basketball doesn't mean I should raise your kids."
- Charles Barkley

Quote -
I'm not a role model... Just because I ride without a helmet doesn't mean I should raise your kids.
- Bruce Ritter

For all you internet police types out there, if you have a problem with anything I post up feel free to hit me with a PM or E-mail to discuss it. You may or may not like the response but if you feel the need to rip into good people on here do it on your OWN thread.

Thanks,
The Management. :roll:
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Sun May 02, 2010 10:09 am

It's good to hear that you liked the Riverton trails. My son spends a lot of time there when we hit the skatepark which would probably explain why he can jump the doubles at Rad canyon and I am lucky to survive them.

I haven't bothered to spend much time on them because I haven't wanted to risk a flat on my uber cool race bike. I guess I need to take the mountain bike off of the hooks in the garage and start getting some use out of it. Post up ahead of time the next time you plan on heading out this way and we'll try to swing by and say Hi. Same goes for I-street or any other fun outings. I'm sure that I am not the only one who enjoy sgetting together with the BMX family for some good old fashioned bike time no matter where it is.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sun May 02, 2010 12:52 pm

Saturday, May 15th is the next weekend Beau & I are planning on getting together so if it happens I'll post up the day before. Billy was able to ride everything on his cruiser but it looked to be a handfull. If you have nothing else to ride but a BMX I would suggest at least a big knobby tire for the front.

b.

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Wed May 05, 2010 10:05 pm

Nuttin' but respect for you guys.

That's some pretty good jumping from some guys who are a little long in the tooth!
~Curtis

Steve O
NEXT

Postby Steve O » Sat May 15, 2010 8:55 am

Hey Bruce,

Are you still planning on doing some riding this weekend? A few bmx groms will be tearing up I street today so if your around join us.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sat May 15, 2010 9:51 am

Maybe tomorrow, Iv'e got a full day of yard work right now. Hopefully I can break free Sunday morning. Thanks for the invite.

b.

ZDM
Huffy

Postby ZDM » Sun May 16, 2010 6:43 pm

This may sound comletely stupid, but where are the I street trails?(I street i suppose?)

Return to “UtahBMX”