A film on the history of BMX is coming soon.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

A film on the history of BMX is coming soon.

Postby bnd » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:37 pm

Park City is hosting the "X-Dance" film festival January 21-25, it's an extreme (god I hate that word) film festival showcasing new films about surfing, snowboarding, MX, ect. One of the movies being shown is a BMX documentry called "Joe Kid on a Stingray". It's been 2 years in the making & if you have seen the skater film "Dogtown & the Z-Boys" you know this type of movie is going to kick butt.

Info is coming out the 1st week of January about showtimes & tickets, my wife is going to be out of town & there is no BMX racing that weekend so if any of you older guys want to hit up a showing & maybe a few brews before & after........let me know. I'll post up the viewing times & tickets when they befome available.

b.

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

Postby greg » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:07 am

I'd love to go, b.
Shall we call it a date?

I'm really looking forward to seeing this film. I've been pretty much on a trip to the past for awhile now after reading vintage forums lately..........reading stuff from Bob Osborne, Greg Hill, Stu, Utterback, OM, PK, Harry Leary, etc, etc, etc.......it'll be great to see all of the early years up on the screen.

Anyway, it'd be great to get a few of us together to go.
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:50 am

Here is the schedule, I am also trying to find out how to get tickets.

http://www.x-dance.com/schedules.html

b.

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:38 pm

I am in for sure. Looks like there are only two times though.

This sounds like a cool movie. An old, used Stingray was my first bike. I converted it to an "MX" bike by using a bar, stem, & seat kit from Sears in about '74-'75 before I got my Mongoose w/Tuff Wheels in '77.

Just last month I was at the dump & found an old pre-Stingray 1950's Schwinn 20" with a banana seat. It is still in pretty good shape. Put air in the tires and it rides around the block. Maybe this movie will motivate my restoration of this legendary bike.
~Curtis

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:00 pm

Hey guys I have been working with the guys behind the film and the guys at X Dance and they need some help from riders.
Does anyone here have any old school rides, any condition is fine. They want to do a display of bikes.
Is anyone willing to help hype up the movie. The goal here is to get as many people to the showings as possible. The guys behind the movie are trying to get it picked up for distribution.
Anyone who helps will get VIP treatment and I hear there is going to be a after party.
I am coming down from Idaho with a few other guys. We have found a decent hotel for cheap and if anyone is interested in staying Saturday night for the Sunday show we can get a few rooms to share.
I need a count of people by Monday at 10 AM. Either email me, PM me here or call me at (208) 403 3147. My email is apexkiller@cableone.net

Gallo

Trailer Link

Postby Gallo » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:29 am

Here's a link to a trailer of the movie you can check out:

Joe Kid on a Stingray Trailer

Return to “UtahBMX”