Wheel Lacing/Truing

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

Alex-Gren
Schwinn

Wheel Lacing/Truing

Postby Alex-Gren » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:17 pm

For the past few days all I've been doing is lacing wheels and truing them for friends at the skatepark and also switching around wheel parts on my bikes. Then I got thinking... Maybe I can make a little something out of this! So here's my plan to make a few extra bucks around here....

If any of you guys need any sort of wheels laced, trued, fixed, etc. let me know!
I know Travis Healey does this stuff too, but hey, whats one more person?

Heres my following prices:
-Simple spoke replace: Free, (this takes about 2 seconds.)
-Multiple spoke replacements: $1.00 per spoke + 5 dollars for truing if needed.
-Wheel true: $10.00 per wheel, (since this takes soo long to do haha.)
-Wheel lace & True: $20.00 per wheel. (Lacing is easy, but time consuming.)
-Take apart wheel and relace it to different hub/rim/different spoke: $25.00 per wheel, (super time consuming)

I will also clean your wheels when they are done being fixed/built/trued for free.
Please provide the correct size spokes, spoke nipples, rim, hub, etc. and I will be able to have the wheels complete within either a few hours or by the next day depending on how busy I get which right now is never hahaha.

joker75
SBC Army

Re: Wheel Lacing/Truing

Postby joker75 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:49 am

That sounds like a great idea Alex. I may have to hit you up before we start the outdoor season. I know my son's back wheel could use a decent truing, and I bet if I looked I could find a couple more between my bike and my daughter's bike. I'll take a look at them and get in touch when I get ready to have them done.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

Return to “UtahBMX”