One of my all-time favorite BMX pics.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

One of my all-time favorite BMX pics.

Postby bnd » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:10 pm

This is one of my favorite pictures I have in my collection, here's the story behind it.
This is my good friend Todd Campbell laying down a sick "Crews" over the step jump at Riverview BMX (Twin Peaks) in 1983. Some of you old timers might remember him riding for Ricks Bikes during this period & being a pretty fast dude. Even though he mostly rode a black PK Ripper, he's riding a BOSS in this pic.
So I was out taking pics that day at the track & even though I hardly knew him I kept asking him for "one more shot". I was taking high school photography at the time & mostly shot black & white. So he retires from racing this summer & I hardly see him until a few years later when I bought a sportbike & his buds & my buds all met up seeing alot of each other on State Street cruising on the weekends. I kept telling him I had this killer shot of him jumping at the BMX track & would get it to him. Well fast forward to about the mid-90's when we all got rid of our motorcycles & started meeting up at house parties. We really became pretty good friends around this time & one day I came across this pic so I got some copies made & framed one of them. Next time I saw him I put it on his coffee table & he was blown away. He STILL has that pic in his living room & it's a good conversation piece.
He now has a 3 year old boy that might try his hand at BMX sooner than later.

This picture to me captures the style that was BMX during this time & is still classic 27 years later.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

slc-danza
Schwinn

Re: One of my all-time favorite BMX pics.

Postby slc-danza » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:18 pm

What a nice pic! That's timeless style right there. Thanks for sharing!

mrgreen
NEXT

Re: One of my all-time favorite BMX pics.

Postby mrgreen » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:13 pm

Thats some sick style right there! Good pic Bruce.

I miss that track so much! I still get butterflies thinking about the first time I rode riverview/twin peaks.

Return to “UtahBMX”