Thanks from Ryan Betts

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

R Betts
NEXT

Thanks from Ryan Betts

Postby R Betts » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:16 pm

I would like to thank all that assisted in getting my knee stabilized at the advanced clinic, having the ambulance called and keeping me calm. My injury couldn't have happened around a better prepared group of people. I am disappointed that I may not be able to race with the Rad Canyon crew this summer as it was a blast racing with all of you during my short stint in the Indoor circuit. The initial prognosis is that my ACL is blown, which is too bad.

Thanks again for the wicked support that was provided after my accident.

Sincerely,

Ryan Betts

Jackie
GT

Re: Thanks from Ryan Betts

Postby Jackie » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Dude you freaked us out, the saddest part is you were just about to master that manual too!!! Take care and do not be afraid to let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Best of luck and listen to the doc.
Follow the fanny pack to the finish

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:56 pm

Ryan, I may have only ever said "hi" to you but heard about the incident! Terrible news, man! Heal up that knee and come back out when it's healthy. Come hang at the outdoor with you knee brace, you've got it in your blood and it's not leaving you anytime soon!

R Betts
NEXT

Postby R Betts » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:49 am

The knee might take some work to get back to full strength. The patella tendon and ACL were completely ruptured. MCL had a grade II tear and a tear of the medial meniscus was also found.

Had the first surgery to repair the patella tendon yesterday and in 3 1/2 months once healing and rehab are completed I'll have the ACL and mensicus worked on.

The patella tendon is what totally surprised me and threw a wrench into plans on returning for the outdoor season. However, I'll get my BMX fix by watching everyone else race.

See you guys out there.

Return to “UtahBMX”