RC #5. Weekend review. Pics & vid.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

RC #5. Weekend review. Pics & vid.

Postby bnd » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:41 am

I won't do a track poll as it seems that everybody has gotton that out of their systems & I have heard no complaints. I personally would like to see the 1st straight more wide open but that's it. I thought the 1st corner was the best it has ever been, it seemed to even up the racing coming out of the turn.

I've got to thank Steve Spencer, Laketown Bikes & GT yet again for what they did for our community. Bringing a superstar like Mike Day in was enough but to give away $$$ on top of that was awesome. I won a GT Micro Mini that is going to work out perfect for Grady in the next year or 3.

I ended up getting sick (again!) Saturday so I didn't race Sunday & am home today, pretty "doped" :wink: up on meds right now too so I can't get a handle on everything I wanted to say floating in my head right now.

I am in the process of trying to get the ABA up here for our big weekend at the end of Jan., more on this in a few days.

The Utah BMX.com team sheet went 1, 2, 4 (thanks Townley!) & a DNQ. The Dirt Diva will be doing a few more push ups this week. :P

I think next weekend would work out great for those not going to Rock Springs to have a BMX bowling party/comp, any thoughts?

Iv'e got alot of video taken from the weekend & I'll slowly be posting this up over the next week so stay tuned. Here are a few pics I shot though.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

bnd
Information Minister

Re: RC #5. Weekend review. Pics & vid.

Postby bnd » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:30 am

I started posting over at the "Video of the Day" thread here.

First up, if you can believe it is not an older guy vid but the 5 & under novice main from Sunday. 12-6-09.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:04 am

The track was my favorite so far. I didn't take advantage of it but many others did and railed the outside line around turn 1. Billy Mahaffey even said "that track's long when you take the outside line all the way around". There's proof of him doing just that here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4a4j-L3EzQ. And Christian Martinez stays on the gas through the first turn here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsFNEH_azeY

There was a lot of great racing action this weekend! The clinic was AWESOME! Thanks Steve, Mike Day, Jonas, GT Utah! I think I got something figured out with my wheelie problem with the advice on my gates! :)

There was also a lot of carnage and I hope everyone is healing up! My favorite might be Jaden Park channeling Pete Rose here in the second turn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STD8D4uLgJ0

I <3 Utah BMX!!!

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:19 pm

Sundays Pro-Am main is posted at VOD.

b.

slc-danza
Schwinn

Postby slc-danza » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:19 am

Best track so far. fast first turn, perfect sized jumps

Alex-Gren
Schwinn

Postby Alex-Gren » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:13 pm

I agree, the last track was the best track I've seen all indoor season besides farmington.
Buil somethin like this again! :)

Return to “UtahBMX”