Utah BMX’er needs our Help!

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

mike kelley
Huffy

Utah BMX’er needs our Help!

Postby mike kelley » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:58 pm

We have a rider here in Utah that has done as much or more for Utah BMX than anyone. She has given her life to this sport and all the kids that race along with the adults.

Now is our chance to give back! :!:

Heather Allred to Australia World Championship 2009!!! :lol:

Heather is probably the most winning racer in Utah, tons of NAG plates and ABA NAG #1 three times! To be NAG #1 you have to have at least 6 national wins going into the Grand Nationals and then win there!

I honestly believe there is not a faster girl in her class from the USA! I know she will make Utah and the USA proud.

Let’s all pitch in and give her the chance to do what she deserves and has worked hard towards all these years!
:mrgreen:

My favorite Heather Story:

Heather is up for #1 last year at the Grands and it all comes down to this last race, man is the pressure on!
Cody is practicing and destroys his bike; I am running around like a chicken with my head off trying to fix it and getting nothing done. Heather and Ian are just as concerned as I am and they find him the parts, buy them and start putting together his new bike even though it is really late and they need to get out of there and get some dinner before they crash for the night. Then the next day they do the same thing for Mitch Ropelato! A lot of other people helped buy the parts for his new bike, but when it was all said and done, Heather and Ian were out the money for parts for a couple of weeks however, Mitch and Cody got to race and Heather still brought home NAG #1 !!!

She is a class act and if you have a Heather story share it with everyone!

Let’s keep this going until she is on a plane heading for Australia! :!:

Thanks
Mike

JasonStout
GT

Re: Utah BMX’er needs our Help!

Postby JasonStout » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:22 pm

In Sept. 2001 I went to a grassroots melton clinic. Heather held me up in the gate and told me I "balanced well" and "was really fast for riding an '82 mongoose!"

When I bought my first race cruiser from Ron Melton, Heather sold me some cranks and put my bike together for me! She has wrenched on my bikes ever since! Most recently, she adjusted my brake that I couldn't figure out! She has always gotten parts in a timely manner. I don't know how she keeps the entire Utahbmx family outfitted and wrenched on!

Thanks for all you do Heather!!

Jason Stout
"Push to the line!"

ogr13
COG

Postby ogr13 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:02 pm

My son managed to destroy the inner workings of his rear wheel after qualifying for the main.
Heather & Ian removed his number plate and attached it to a brand new bike so that he could race.
We will never buy anything for any of our bikes from any shop but Performance Bike Parts.
Let me know what we can do to help get Heather out of the country!! :P
Dave Cote
Crazy Old Guy

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:51 pm

Heather & Ian have been my #1 hook up for so long I can't even remember when I started buying from them but it was when Ray & D had the shop & Holly was the #1 wrench. Sometime in the mid-90s(?)
Heather has shipped my bikes all over the Country & treated my friends to GREAT customer service.

I would hope some way, somehow she could go to the land down under this year....... 8)

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

joeynsophia
Intense

Postby joeynsophia » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:55 am

Ian and Heather are truly incredible people!
I still remember what it was like to be a new parent in the sport. I had no idea about bikes, helmets, protective gear etc....Ian and Heather have been gracious enough to spend hours both at the track and coming to my home to help me maintain and build bikes for the kids. (and believe me it must have been frustrating for them because everytime I pick up a wrench, I seem to make the situation worse!) Without them, our program would not be what it is today. Just spend 15 minutes near their trailer and observe what they do for our kids and program. I am amazed at how much time they spend (alot of it for free!), helping fix flat tires, chains, brakes, etc. so none of the kids have to miss their race.

I will be proud to support Heather and Ian like they have us so many times!
Steve

BLong
GT

Postby BLong » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:58 pm

mike kelley wrote:Let’s all pitch in and give her the chance to do what she deserves and has worked hard towards all these years!

Mike - are you holding the pot for this?

If Heather and Ian would be rich if they were not so generous in keeping the many local BMX’rs off what would be dangerous rides! I cannot think of a single time when they have not been doing whatever they can to keep the bikes on the track.

If Heather and Ian were not so generous, either many local BMX’rs would be pedaling around on some rather dangerous rides, or they would be rich! I cannot think of a single time when they have not been doing whatever they can to keep the bikes on the track.

As far as favorites go—it has to be Idaho State Championship race in 2007. PBP/Extreme won team trophy and Heather an Ian let Quintin collect and keep the hardware. Truly a memory for life.

-Brian
----------------------------
truebmx.com

Return to “UtahBMX”