Indoor Build Help

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

sspencer
Factory Bikini Cuts Hotshoe

Indoor Build Help

Postby sspencer » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:44 am

I know that everyone is still enjoying their summer and the pleasant weather we have been having lately but it is time to start thinking about our winter indoor race program. We are looking for a few additional hands to help with the hand work during the building process. Here are the dates and times we are looking at to bring some volunteers in to assist:

October 9th 2:00pm - 6:00pm
October 10th 11:00am - 5:00pm
November 21st 1:00 - 6:00pm
December 5th 1:00 - 6:00pm
January 2nd 1:00 - 6:00pm
January 23rd 1:00 - 6:00pm
February 6th 1:00 - 6:00pm
February 20th 1:00 - 6:00pm

The times noted are when we expect to be doing the hand work so if you can make it out even for an hour it would be of help. If we can get enough volunteers then we can schedule it out to where each person would only need to help once or twice during the season. We will need 3 to 4 people to help at each build with some raking and minor set up tasks.

If you are interested in helping out please email me at steve-spencer@hotmail.com

Thank you to everyone who supports our Utah BMX programs!
Steve
Last edited by sspencer on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spence'- dizzle fo'- shizzle
UTAH BMX Charter Member

slc-danza
Schwinn

Re: Indoor Build Help

Postby slc-danza » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:27 pm

I would love to come help. Should I just show up or do we need to coordinate with someone? I've never raced the winter series before. Is the track torn down and rebuilt for every race weekend?

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:34 pm

slc-danza
To answer your questions,
A. Just show up at the times Steve-O listed and we will put you to work.
there is plenty of work to go around!!!!! LOL We will keep a rake with your name on it in!! We will even warm it up for you if ya ask real nice :lol:

B. Yes we build and tear down each time....... Alot of work!!! Most people come race and have know idea how much time a few people put into maikng the whole weekend come together. :shock:
See you at the races!
Last edited by mackdaddy on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

sspencer

Postby sspencer » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:54 pm

The tear down isnt as time consuming as building but we do need a few people who can stack the cones, retrieve all of the rakes and shovels, roll up the hose and pick up the garbage from the infield. We dont need people for the actual track tear down as we already have it taken care of.

If anyone can make it out and have and idea of the dates and times please email me so I can have an idea of who to plan on ahead of time. Even if you just show up we will have something for you to do. The more people that come out and help the quicker and easier it is for everyone :D

Thanks,
Steve

UTAH BMX Charter Member

sspencer

Postby sspencer » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:11 pm

Hello BMXers and families,

We are only a few days away from our first indoor race of the season and the excitement is building. Just a reminder, we can always use a few extra hands with the track build and set up. If you can make it out on Thursday and/or Friday it would be appreciated. Here are the times that help is needed:

Thursday October 9th 2:00pm - 6:00pm
Friday October 10th 11:00am - 5:00pm

We will have rakes and shovels available so just bring your work clothes, gloves and your enthusiasm.

Remember, these races cannot run with out the help of valuable volunteers.

Please feel free to call or email me if you can make it out or if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Steve
steve-spencer@hotmail.com
(801) 864-2577

UTAH BMX Charter Member

Bmx Kid
Intense

Postby Bmx Kid » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:09 pm

I am planning on comming out to help on friday at around 1 ish. See you there :)
Blake Lee

Return to “UtahBMX”