Deseret Peak State Qualifier Information

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

K. Perkins
Huffy

Deseret Peak State Qualifier Information

Postby K. Perkins » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:37 am

Deseret Peak will be holding their state qualifier this Saturday. I was asked a few questions last weekend at RAD and said I'd check with Darrin and get some answers. So here they are:

Yes, Deseret Peak will be doing team sheets at this race. They will be available at registration and as usual must be returned before motos are posted.

Darrin said that we may do a pit bike race. He's not sure and will decide that evening. Those who may want to ride should bring their pit bikes.

No we can't control the weather and it is scheduled to be HOT! We race later in the evening so hopefully it will have cooled down a little.

Registration is from 6:00 to 7:00. Races start ASAP. We've been working really hard to have motos posted by around 7:30 and races beginning before 8:00. We still fight the sun setting and we appreciate Darrin being considerate of how this impacts the racers in the starting gate.

Deseret Peak BMX T-shirts and hoodies will be for sale this weekend. Shirts are $15 and hoodies are $25. He has blue shirts for the SQ weekend, black hoodies, and white shirts.

Deseret Peak will be doing a drawing this race. Darrin always makes it fun for the racers and I think he may be giving away a bike. In the past this is been by random draw from the registered racers. Not 100% sure what he's doing this race but he does do some fun things at the multi-point races.

Tooele has had great turnouts this year and we appreciate the support.

Kami Perkins
Tooele
Hansen Racing Team

slc-danza
Schwinn

Postby slc-danza » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:05 pm

So if I raced the SCQ last weekend at Rad, do I need to race this one at Desert Peak so that I can race in the State Championship?

JAlvey
GT

Postby JAlvey » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:06 pm

Anyone can race the State Championship race.

In order to compete for a State Championship ranking though, it is your best two qualifier results (Rad Indoor, Rad Outdoor, and DP) plus your result at the Championship that counts. If you don't have 2 finishes at the SCQ races, then you can race the race, but not for the series championship. That's why you'll often see people with broken arms/legs/egos rolling the gate at one of the SCQ races

If you only race at Rad, and haven't been to DP yet, you're missing out. The track is very different from RC, but also very fun. It's not as technical, so a lot of the newer / younger riders really like the layout.

slc-danza
Schwinn

carpool to DP anyone???

Postby slc-danza » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:30 pm

Thanks for the info! I live in Sandy, right off of 90th and I-15. If anyone is going to DP for the race this Saturday and has room in their vehicle let me know. It would make more sense with how much gas is costing. Thanks!

Jackie
GT

Deseret Peak Racing state qualifier

Postby Jackie » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:48 am

One question is the cost for tomorrow's race. A single point race is usualy $5 if you just do a medalian, so I am assuming you can race the double point race for $10 (no Trophy points only) ?? Please confirm.
Follow the fanny pack to the finish

K. Perkins
Huffy

Postby K. Perkins » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:41 pm

It is $20. In general, Deseret Peak offer the discounted race ($5) on the single point races only and provided they aren't the RFL or Redline.

Kami
Tooele

Hansen Racing Team

Return to “UtahBMX”