Racing in Davis county

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

Trunions
Huffy

Racing in Davis county

Postby Trunions » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:22 am

I had heard that the Oct. races at the Legacy Center are a test run for Davis county to build a perminent track. Is this true? I am also wondering what can we do to take a more proactive approach to get a track built in the Davis/ Weber county area.

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:41 am

I had heard that the Oct. races at the Legacy Center are a test run for Davis county to build a perminent track

I am praying this is true. I don't know for sure, but I'm going to guess that if we get as good a turnout for the Davis County indoor that we did last year during our South Jordan indoor races (40+, 50+ and 70+ motos) that they would NOT be able to turn down any offers to build a permanent track in Davis County.

We seriously need a track in either Davis County or Utah County that will race Saturday mornings, similar to Battle Bay BMX in Lindon back in the day.
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

bwtiff
NEXT

DAVIS COUNTY RACING REPLY

Postby bwtiff » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:35 pm

:D Hey we have had a chance to get someone in to speak with the mayor of Ogden, And he would be very interested in opening 4th street track back up. But we need some support to show him that it would be worth it for the city of Ogden to have another BMX track up and running. I have a few people interested and I also know that if there was a track in Weber County more people from here would utalize it. When 21st was shut down alot of the locals around here gave up the racing because there was nowhere close for them to take there kids. Me myself have a family of 3 boys that love to race!! We don't make it to every race due to school being early and races ending late! It would be great if we had a place local to take all the kids from Northern Utah. If anyone has any ideas it would be great to hear them. LETS GET THIS GOING IT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!![/b]

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:34 pm

I was just notified that 20,000 fliers went out to the some schools in Davis county. The phone has started ringing from that!!!!
Sounds like the tourism dept ( Davis Co) is doing their part.
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

hammerdown68
Huffy

Postby hammerdown68 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:00 am

Would this be the same downhill track of the 80"s??? THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!!!!! My fave. Utah track of all time!! It would add a whole new dimention to the racing of the present day!!! I dare you to pump down these jumps!! Better leave the clips at home too!! AWESOME Day to all!! RIDE HARD EVERY DAY!!!! H.
POWER TO THE PEDALS!!!! "OLD SCHOOL DUDE!!!!"

Punk-Biker940
GT

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:05 pm

I heard that they were going to build a track next to the motocross track in ogden

bmxchris73
GT

Postby bmxchris73 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:42 pm

you know Jason instead of Utah County how about Cache County I know its a crazy thought haha. Ogden would be great that way I only have oh a 45 minute drive. A lot better then the 2 and a half hour drive to Rad every week with traffic..boy I'll do whatever you need me to, to get that track up and running again..

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:26 pm

mackdaddy wrote:I was just notified that 20,000 fliers went out to the some schools in Davis county. The phone has started ringing from that!!!!
Sounds like the tourism dept ( Davis Co) is doing their part.
These fliers may be working! I was talking about our trip to RC to some people at work and one guy said he got the flier and his 7 y.o. wants to get into it... he was chasing down BMX stuff tonight on the way home, we were emailing from PDAs back and forth... he lives in Davis County.

What are the shops to look into in the Davis County area? He mentioned he stopped into Bountiful Bicycle Center.. I told him to look up 50/50 in Layton per someone's suggestion...

Return to “UtahBMX”