Rad Outdoor SCQ

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Rad Outdoor SCQ

Postby Diesel » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:19 pm

Any way you could bump the Rad SCQ weekend to the following week 11th & 12th??? Robby and I will be in St. Cloud MN the 3-5th of August.

Why schedule on top of 2 possible Nationals??? And the weekend after the World race in BC!

Deseret Peak has a race on the 11th as well. You could throw some riders there way that evening!

We know you can make this change! The question is will you consider it???

sspencer
Factory Bikini Cuts Hotshoe

Postby sspencer » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:10 pm

Dan,

When the schedule was developed all potential issues were considered. A B national that is over 1300 miles away is not a race to consider as a conflict. I am willing to bet that you and Robbie are the only ones from Utah going to Minnesota. The UCI Worlds are not a factor either as the riders that do go have a whole week to get home for the SCQ :wink:

It is tough to make a schedule that fits everyones needs. I am bummed that I will be on the road during the state champ' finals but will deal with it. I guess it comes down to which race you feel is more important to you... national or a SCQ?

Steve
Spence'- dizzle fo'- shizzle
UTAH BMX Charter Member

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Postby Diesel » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:04 pm

There's still plenty of time to make the change.

What's it gonna hurt folks? Still don't see the problem.

There's nothing going on anywhere the 11th & 12th!

Ron M
The TO

Postby Ron M » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:22 am

To Dan & others that "might not see the whole picture". The weekend of Aug. 4-5th turned out to be the best choice for our SQR! July weekends conflicted with too much. The ABA is reluctant to approve mid-Aug qualifier races, too close to the finals race that is run in Sept., gives them too little of time to update the standings. Additionally, the second weekend of Aug. would have been a poor choice for Rad, as some key Rad personnel are out of town at that time....imagine... life other than bmx!! Plus, I suspect the good folks of Delaware will be very disappointed to learn that Dan considers them to be "nothing going on anywhere"!
We at Rad Canyon truly apologize for the inconvenience, but Aug. 5th was & still is the best choice for our SQR.
Thanks
Ron Melton
Rad Canyon, Inc.

Return to “UtahBMX”