The Bulldog picked up by BMX HEX for 2006

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

The Bulldog picked up by BMX HEX for 2006

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:08 am

Its official. The Newkirks are happy to say that Bennett is now the third Utah rider to join BMX HEX's National Team. We are very grateful to Dan and Kim Blackwell for giving Bennett a shot in the 7X slot for this year with BMX HEX.

The Newkirks would like to express thier sincere gratitude to Jason Melton and the rest of the Staats/Lizard Skinz Team. 2005 was an incredible year and we are very glad Bennett had the opportunity to race on the team. The encouragement, confidence, and support was unbeatable for a local team and I know his participation means a lot to him.

Now for the funny part: Bennett does not know yet. He has wanted to get on with BMX HEX (or another big national team) for some time. We are putting the contract and some pics of the uniform in an envelope on the tree and making it a present from the Blackwells. :D

Merry Christmas!
~Curtis

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:50 pm

I wanted to be the first to say Congrats to Bennett, he has been working soooooooo hard!!!!
Great Job!
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

Punk-Biker940
GT

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:43 pm

That is SOOOO cool, great job bennet

Heather Allred
Huffy Queen

Postby Heather Allred » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:59 pm

Congrats Bennett, all the hard work has paid off.
Merry Christmas everyone
Heather

sspencer
Factory Bikini Cuts Hotshoe

Postby sspencer » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:18 pm

Atta boy Bennett! Keep on having fun.

Congratulations,
Steve
Spence'- dizzle fo'- shizzle
UTAH BMX Charter Member

JORDAN
NEXT

Postby JORDAN » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:13 am

HEY NICE JOB LOOKS LIKE THAT WE ARE ON THE SAME TEAM AGIN. CONGRATS :D LOOKING ON SEEING YOU IN RENO
HAPPY HOLIDAYS
JORDAN SMITH

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:34 pm

Thanks for all of the kind words my friends!

On Sunday morning when Bennett finds out I will make sure he logs on and reads all of your responses. He is going to flip when he open this present!
~Curtis

Heather Allred
Huffy Queen

Postby Heather Allred » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:56 pm

Curtis

What did Bennett think of his BMX HEX present?

I also want to say thanks again to Jason, Ron and Nancy Melton for bringing me on to the staats/lizard skins team three years ago. I know it has made me a better rider and I am sure other team members could say the same thing. I also want to say thanks to all of my team mates for all of there encouragement over these years. For the 2006 season I was picked up by Fly and will be running there awesome gear. Thanks to Ray Hudson and Terry Baisley for there support also.
Heather

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:17 pm

Bennett was, well...lets just say PUMPED! His eyes nearly popped out of his head. All he has wanted to do is ride since. Which is a good thing because he, Anna, and myself will be going to Reno on the 6th. I think I have talked Anna into doing a practice lap there, but we will see.

Heather, that is so cool you were picked up by FLY. They really are making some awesome gear right now and thier 2006 stuff looks nop-notch. CONGRATS!!!

Also, I share your words to the Meltons. Staats/Lizard Skins has been an amazing team and I am sure they will continue to be. We are very grateful to have the opportunity to race for them.
~Curtis

Dave W
28-35 State Champ

Congrats Bennett, Heather

Postby Dave W » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:20 pm

I haven't been on the forums for awhile. What great news to come back to. Bennett you rock and I admire your focus and determination especially at your age.

Heather, congrats are in order for you to. Thanks for all of your help and your example as well.

Dave

Return to “UtahBMX”