anyone into remote-control helicopters?

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

sixstringsteve
GT

Re: anyone into remote-control helicopters?

Postby sixstringsteve » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:24 pm

Awesome, thanks. I'm interested in something that's easy to fly. I hear the RC copters have a steep learning curve. I think that's why I want a quad copter, so I can lessen the learning curve, not to mention their stability. And I want something that doesn't break when I do occasionally have the rough landing or bump into a wall or something. That's one reason I like the ardrone, it has the styrofoam protecting the rotors.

LocoTone
GT

Postby LocoTone » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:10 pm

I've been to events at the Energy Solutions Arena in the past, someone there runs a R/C blimp. I'm sure it would be easier to control than a copter. I've tried a single rotor medium sized one, and it was broken more than not. Not to mention the scars on my shin from a damaged rotor blade nailing me. I have a dual rotor, smaller copter that is relatively easier to fly, but no way would it have enough lift to carry a camera. Plus, stability is nil on such a small craft. I liked your long pole idea, it seems to be the most practical, and not to mention economical.

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:16 pm

LocoTone wrote:I liked your long pole idea, it seems to be the most practical, and not to mention economical.

he just wants to fly something, really...

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:03 am

Found this, helicopter price looks pretty reasonable. HeliMax AXE 400 electric chopper.
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

sixstringsteve
GT

Postby sixstringsteve » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:02 am

Sweet, that would do it. Thanks to Jason for showing me his little toy tonight, that thing is sweet! Too bad you can't fly it with a broken thumb :cry:

Return to “UtahBMX”