Last race's track review.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Last race's track review.

Postby bnd » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:44 pm

Other than a choppy rythem section & a super stretched step on the first straight, the track ruled. I loved how there was a whole lot of pedaling involved. I was gassed by the end of Saturday night. Just the was it should be. Good job Steve & volunteers!

Anybody else have an opinion?

b.

tread
Old School Bike Expert

Postby tread » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:23 pm

I liked it! The middle roller on the third straight was a bit high. I saw a lot of riders having issues there. Just put another table on the last straight.
Mike

sspencer
Factory Bikini Cuts Hotshoe

Postby sspencer » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:16 pm

Wusses! :P

Thanks for the input. I will strive to challenge you, the riders, yet build a fun and safe track.

Quote for the day -
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are"
Anais Nin
US author & diarist

Steve
Spence'- dizzle fo'- shizzle
UTAH BMX Charter Member

JAlvey
GT

Postby JAlvey » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 am

I was wondering if whoever builds the track, if they could build the next one so that that Steve Spencer guy goes slower.... :D

Seriously, though the tracks are always awesome. BMX racing is spoiling me. Half the time at the mountain bike 4x/slalom races, they just throw a bunch of gates out on a grass ski run and call it good.

The second straight was perfect. The first straight was good on sat/sun, but obviously the roller going into the first turn needed more backside on friday (just ask Melton-if he can remember it)

Changing things up in the middle of the 3rd straight would be fun.

How about putting something in the middle of one of the berms?

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:41 am

I wasn't too fond of the water obstacle off the 2nd straight :P
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

1rustyflyguy
Huffy

Postby 1rustyflyguy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:05 am

I think that the track flowed very nice! I did like the two small rollers in the first straight( on Fri) that was the first time that I was brave enough to pedal through them, before they grew on Sat! LOL! At first I thought that I would not like the long sprint in to home plate, but I saw alot of action at that spot all weekend! My hat is off to you Steve, keep up the great work!!
Bob Flook
Not a young bmxer no more!
A sign of a good race, is one that you cross the finish line, on your bike!!

Punk-Biker940
GT

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:32 pm

i thought the track was great! the first straight was fun, the second straight was waaayyy fun to jump and the third straight was pretty cool, although the rythm was kid of choppy. But other than that the track was great

Tricycle Tony
Huffy

Postby Tricycle Tony » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:33 pm

Steve-
I thought the track was great. I agree with Bruce, all the spinning was great. It should help me lose some weight. Just a quick question. I am playing around with a new 3D program called Modo. I am designing a pump track for my side yard and wanted to see what it would look like before the dig. Have you used, or seen any 3D programs used in designing BMX tracks?

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:20 pm

Hey Alvey,
I am usually doing alot of the grooming so, for the right price :wink: I will groom in the special Spencer line that is a bit rougher than the rest of the track. :lol: then we just need to figure out how to keep him riding on that line :P
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

Return to “UtahBMX”