ABA webinar. Anything news worthy?

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

ABA webinar. Anything news worthy?

Postby bnd » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Mackdaddy?

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Re: ABA webinar. Anything news worthy?

Postby mackdaddy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:25 pm

most of the webinar was giving info to the NBL tracks on how we do things. There will be a divisional series and finals, East and West and awards given to the winner. Finals are over Labor day weekend. More info will be coming.
Not much else.

In case you wanted to know, there are 375 tracks in the USa bmx system with the merger and approx 70,000 members
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:55 pm

That thread on Vintage & my phone are blowing up, haha!

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

JAlvey
GT

Postby JAlvey » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:04 pm

The presidents cup will continue at the Race Of Champions. This will be a team trophy format where teams are by state. The best 10 scores from a state will determine the winner (hmmm.... Jack Kelly, Hayden Brown, Robby Patterson, Danny Patterson, Todd Parry, Derek King, Kris Park, Sophia Foresta, Heather Allred, and Steff Gansen .... just off the top of my head, but there are another 10 that can add to that)

You can race the East or West Division Championship.

There will be the Race for Life series for the leukemia/Lymphoma assoc, and a Bob Warnicke series for a scholarship association (both double points).

Local tracks can run the 2 or 3 moto transfer system, or a low points system like what the NBL used to have (and can switch back and forth week to week )

Girls must start in Novice, not in Girls.

Keep the ABA age groups.

Dave Cote is required to start racing in Expert and bring his buddies with him.

30 nationals. Redline Cup same as before. Grands same as before (but probably a lot bigger)

Riders who earned an NBL national number (blue plate) can run that all of next year.

NBL riders who never raced ABA will be assigned a proficientcy. Move ups are the same as before (8/25 wins). Track Operators can move a rider up. Riders (such as Dave Cote) can move themselves up (thursday would work).

Districts will stay the same for 2012, but will be redrawn for 2013. This probably wont impact Utah since we are only adding one track (Virgin BMX to UT03)

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:22 pm

JAlvey wrote:The presidents cup will continue at the Race Of Champions. This will be a team trophy format where teams are by state. The best 10 scores from a state will determine the winner (hmmm.... Jack Kelly, Hayden Brown, Robby Patterson, Danny Patterson, Todd Parry, Derek King, Kris Park, Sophia Foresta, Heather Allred, and Steff Gansen .... just off the top of my head, but there are another 10 that can add to that)

You can race the East or West Division Championship.

There will be the Race for Life series for the leukemia/Lymphoma assoc, and a Bob Warnicke series for a scholarship association (both double points).

Local tracks can run the 2 or 3 moto transfer system, or a low points system like what the NBL used to have (and can switch back and forth week to week )

Girls must start in Novice, not in Girls.

Keep the ABA age groups.

Dave Cote is required to start racing in Expert and bring his buddies with him.

30 nationals. Redline Cup same as before. Grands same as before (but probably a lot bigger)

Riders who earned an NBL national number (blue plate) can run that all of next year.

NBL riders who never raced ABA will be assigned a proficientcy. Move ups are the same as before (8/25 wins). Track Operators can move a rider up. Riders (such as Dave Cote) can move themselves up (thursday would work).

Districts will stay the same for 2012, but will be redrawn for 2013. This probably wont impact Utah since we are only adding one track (Virgin BMX to UT03)

I wonder if the Prez Cup wil grow or just stay the same. I would think one or the other (ROC) would have to go on Grands weekend.

If I remember correctly, the NBL used a system that everybody went to the main, that goes against everything that is ABA. I wonder if that rule would stay if a local track went with the low points system?

Is Virgin BMX going to get a Utah SCQ next year? If so, it might be cool to get something going beween Utah & our friends in Vegas on that wekend.

Thanks for keeping us informed guys.

b.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:25 pm

I just re-read the Prez Cup/ ROC thing again for the 5th time......so what your saying is they are intergrading the Prez Cup into the ROC race?

b.

JAlvey
GT

Postby JAlvey » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:33 pm

Yes, the Presidents cup is being integrated into the ROC.

Race of Champions will run same as always, on the Friday before the Grands. If you win, you get a red ROC 1 plate. Before that race there will be a parade lap with riders from each state (like they did for the nbl presidents cup). During the ROC, the top 10 scores from riders from each state will be tallyed and the state with the highest score takes the presidents cup for 2011. Going to be tough to beat Cali.

If a local track runs on the points system, yes everyone goes to the main. Distict points go to your overall place.

I understand that Virgin will get the same race set as the other tracks, so yes they will have a SCQ. Might make for a busy winter with Black Hawk, Legacy, and Rad Indoor up here and Virgin down there. (of course this only applies to those who still go to races, Bruce)

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:56 am

I think the "everyone goes to the main" is changing. That's what I read late last night on V.

BTW, I think your going to be surprised this indoor season with us. I'm even thinking of putting my 20" back together & no, I won't reclass. :roll:

Anyways, thanks again for the input & keep us updated with anything on this USA BMX topic.

b.

ogr13
COG

Postby ogr13 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:36 am

Dear Justin Alvey,
I do appreciate your numerous offers to join you in the last motot of the night, but I must refuse.
Just like you would never cut the track to make the main, I will never take a shorcut and move to expert early.
I am going to enjoy my last 12 wins, as well as every main I qualify for, prior to having to start all over at the back of the pack. I will enjoy every battle with my buddies and we will join you in due time.
Thank you for your generous offer and best wishes in your continued recruiting efforts,
Dave "COG" Cote :mrgreen:
Dave Cote
Crazy Old Guy

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:36 am

If I'm 2+ years removed from any kind of riding can I reclassified back to novice?
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:50 pm

YES! Gallo- Come back and race Novice. You'd all have fun.

Dave Cote- You are a wise man. Do not give in to the negative peer pressure. I moved up early and...well it worked out great for me because I was racing experts anyway.....

I'm very excited to have the Utah BMX crew at the Virgin track.

See ya'll in the gate!

Jason
"Push to the line!"

Return to “UtahBMX”