New fat guy with a 24"

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Re: New fat guy with a 24"

Postby mackdaddy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Welcome Jake! You will fit in just fine around here!
Hey everyone this is Jake........ He has a bike and brews beer!!!!!! :D :D :) :) :) (sounds of load applause)
Jake just so you know BND doesnt come to the races very often is ONLY allowed to have home brewed beer after he does show! LOL
Hey B, NO BMX, NO BEER for you!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:13 pm

Jake, welcome back to the sport! You have gotten a small sample of it here online but you'll see how great of a group of people of all ages we have. The older guys (28+) seem to be some of the best people... but I'm a little biased. I think you're going to love it and you'll be addicted like the rest of us.

I'll echo the comment about trying out the clinic and trying out a 20" bike. Many of us ride both, but like the good... no, evil doctor said, the cruiser classes are FAST as most are racing at the expert level on the 20". Jump on a 20" in the Novice group and you'll be able to bang elbows--or stay away--with guys closer to your same skill level. But either way, you'll have a blast.

Oh, and don't worry about me falling on you, that's only a strategy I have for people who are mean to me... :)

See you at the track!

Jackie
GT

Postby Jackie » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:22 am

Welcome jake! You all forgot one piece of equipment. Jake I know 28 is not very old compared to a lot of us but you have to see dave cote or b2 barton and get you a "crazy old guy" t shirt because as soon as you race once and love it that is all you will talk about and your friends will say " aren't you q little old to be doing that?". Make sure stop anyone in a crazy old guy shirt and introduce yourself and we will be looking out for you. Welcome to the party
Follow the fanny pack to the finish

deviant_illusion
NEXT

Postby deviant_illusion » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Jackie wrote:Welcome jake! You all forgot one piece of equipment. Jake I know 28 is not very old compared to a lot of us but you have to see dave cote or b2 barton and get you a "crazy old guy" t shirt because as soon as you race once and love it that is all you will talk about and your friends will say " aren't you q little old to be doing that?". Make sure stop anyone in a crazy old guy shirt and introduce yourself and we will be looking out for you. Welcome to the party

Cool. Most of my friends are just as Crazy as me. I still play Ice Hockey Every Sunday in an adult beer league and Desert Race a Kawasaki Teryx that I wadded up bad last year in a multiple rollover. Aside from being not in very good shape and have no skill or talent on a BMX bike it seems like a blast. I guess I will find out Saturday.

onephastkiss
GT

Postby onephastkiss » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:03 am

dude all i can say is if your not in front...stick it right in there...till you are!!!

Return to “UtahBMX”