Eight Zero One Racing needs our support.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

joker75
SBC Army

Eight Zero One Racing needs our support.

Postby joker75 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:16 am

I was dinking around on Facebook this morning before work and saw that Michael Ervin and Arlene Bautista posted about an accident their son James was in. It sounds like James and a friend were riding their bikes and a car hit James. I believe Arlene said that it broke James' Tibia and Fibia and that he was going to need surgery. I believe there were other injuries, but I can't get onto Facebook from work to see what the others were. It also sounds like it was a hit and run, so the Ervins will probably be stuck with the medical bills unless they are able to find out who the coward is that couldn't stop to help or see what happened after they hit someone. I hate weenies who can't take responsibility for their actions.

I just thought I would share this with the BMX family and let you know that the Ervins should be in your thoughts and prayers.

Mike, if you see this let us all know how things are going and if there is anything the BMX family can do to help.

Hal
Last edited by joker75 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

luvbmx06
NEXT

Re: Eight Zero One Racing needs our support.

Postby luvbmx06 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:55 am

You got most of it right. It was a hit a run. What is thought to be a Jeep was speeding around a corner and his James' front tire, spinning him around and they think his leg was run over. The vehicle stopped for a second, then sped off. James is at the U waiting for his surgery. From what they can tell, his tibia and fibia are shattered right above the ankle. They also believe that the little bones on the top of his foot are all broken too. No other major injuries or head injuries.

From what I hear, James is in good spirits. I'm sure there will be updates as things progress. But please keep the Ervins in your thoughts and prayers!

Krystal

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:22 am

We are in the process of putting up a link to help support the Ervins, should be up soon.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:52 am

Krystal, Thanks for the added info, and the update. I was trying to get as much as I could from reading it earlier on Facebook.

B, I'm sure the Ervin's will appreciate your help with this. I haven't been around the BMX family for long, but Mike and Arlene have been more than willing to extend a hand and welcome us. I was sad to hear that this happened to such great people, and hope that we can help them in their time of need.

Hal
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

Extreme Team Coach
GHP

Postby Extreme Team Coach » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:05 pm

Michael and Arlene
Please know that the Brown family and the Extreme Team prayers are with you sad to hear something like this happen period let alone to such good people. I hope they catch that scum bag. If there is anything we can do please let us know.
2010 ABA NATIONAL #1 TROPHY TEAM

mervin
Intense

Postby mervin » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:00 pm

Hello bmx Fam!
Yes James is going to be fine his injuries are similar to Doc Alvey's Idaho crunch so will need surgery. The doctor says he'll be out 10 weeks so he will probably miss most of the indoor races but the good news is he's alive! It could have been so much worse so we are thankful it was only his leg (and minor scraps and bruises). We are also very thankful for all of you! our bmx family has been very supportive of us and we can not thank you enough. Just got a text from Arlene they just rolled him into surgery (sat 3:58 p.m.) so will update when he get's out. But again Thank you all for the well wishes and concern for James we love you bmx fam!

Mervin

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:10 am

for anyone who would like to donate to the Ervin's, there is a Paypal donation link here:

http://www.utahbmx.com/node/145

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:17 am

Keep us updated Mike.

Thanks for the link Jason, it takes about 2-3 minutes if that, to donate thru PayPal.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:37 pm

Keeping this at the top.

b.

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:42 pm

Keeping our family members needs at the top of our minds.

Best wishes on your recovery James.

Take care Mike and Arlene.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts

Return to “UtahBMX”