Who's hot right now?

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Who's hot right now?

Postby bnd » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:34 pm

After watching the races on Sunday two older racers really stood out in my eyes that look to be going places this early season.

Justin Alvey.
Watching in person then confirming it after reviewing my video shows he's about the only guy right now in 36-40 giving Edwards all he can handle. Really strong out of the gate & right on the heels of Dallas most of the track. When does he turn 41? :roll:

Kevin Dilley.
Holy crap, what's this guy been eating?! Monster first straight pull & is not intimidated by the regulars in the expert class he just joined. Very impressive indeed.

Any younger guys or gals that have stepped up early on that deserves an atta boy or girl?

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

JAlvey
GT

Re: Who's hot right now?

Postby JAlvey » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:26 pm

Thanks Bruce, but as your post said, we're all just chasing Dallas right now. I think he's probably won 19 of the last 20.

For the kids, there are 5 obvious ones:

Brooke Oblad (I think she's won every Girl Pro-am)
Hayden Brown: BITD we used to have year-end awards. One of them was for Most Improved Rider. Hayden would win this for 2009 hands down. Now for 2010, he is ripping up the National mains. He won 11x both days at Guthrie, and has made all his mains this year.
Hunter Brown: won cruiser in Reno and in Guthrie
Robbie Patterson and Cody Kelly: I think they both just play around with the comp at the local races. Robbie was leading his class by 5 bike lengths into the first turn on Sunday. Cody seems to be able to pass people pretty much whenever he wants once on the track, it also looks like he's getting some size now-look out.

Of course, we all still think you're hot Bruce..... :oops:

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:18 pm

There's a kid on Prestige that is probebly around 9x that tears it up too.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

mike kelley
Huffy

Postby mike kelley » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:49 pm

Hayden Brown most improved rider in the USA hands down, when his competition was winning nationals he could not make a main in novice at the local track. Amazing speed, power and skill where did it all come from I think only Hayden could answer that, Hayden if you get some time to let me in on your secret please do so I could use some speed.His dad and I thought that if he ever turned expert he would get destroyed by competition and quit and now he is winning at the highest level AMAZING good job Hayden
Dave Cote most improved rider in Utah for the last year when I went up to staging and seen Dave I knew I would make the main now he is winning it, not fair Dave if you can not do your job as the moto filler find a new guy that can. Great job
BOTH RIDERS ARE ON FIRE PS Best track ever I had a blast Thanks to Rad Canyon and crew.

billyschuler
GT

Postby billyschuler » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:51 pm

hey so as far as old guys go, my props go to tony and brent, seriously even though i just turned inter this last year i know ive gotten faster and for about a few weeks there i found myself in the mix with these two all the time , i even put brent as my biggest opponent on my team website, but that was before he turned on the high gear, and ive been at the gym ALOT lately trying to improve my power and leg speed and hes pulling farther and farther away each race, and im sure everyone saw the fire in tonys ass this weekend, man where the hell did that come from,,( big props tone) your getting seriously fast...so in closing all i have to say is KEEP WINNING BRENT AND TONY, YOULL BOTH BE EX SOON :) AND IM GLAD I GET TO BE THE SHADOW YOU SEE THAT DRIVES YOU GUYS FASTER AND FASTER!!!
Freedom Energy/ODEN/Dirt Militia Team Manager

mike kelley
Huffy

Postby mike kelley » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:50 pm

My Wife : :D :D :D :D :D :D

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:06 am

I agree that Brent is tearing things up both on the local scene and the Nationals. I was pretty impressed with the races I was able to watch.

I would have to say that Billy Schuler and Todd Hixon are both looking pretty good right now as well. They both came on pretty strong this summer. Both of them moved through the 28+ novice class like we were standing still, and are now giving the 28+ Intermediate class a run for their money. Billy not only made both of his mains at Reno, but placed pretty well in them.

Keep up the excellent racing everyone.

Hal
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

mike kelley
Huffy

Postby mike kelley » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:15 am

Most improved first sraight pull who caught my eye was Justin Alvey , Mike and Brook Oblad and Chantz Silver

My number one pick would have to go to JACK KELLY man he has some power.

Oh yea who is that kid on the goofy bike? Reepilato,Ropeelaato, Rope, Rapalotto Who knows he was way fast

Scott Mckay
GT

Postby Scott Mckay » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:21 pm

Mike, no doubt Jack has power he keeps up with 10 year olds down the front stretch and he just turned 7, amazing.

Also it's no coincidence that Dallas Edwards and Justin Alvey are killing it and oh by the way there Daughters are too. Rylie has found a whole new level of speed for sure. And Brighton is either getting first or barely missing it everytime out lately plus she had great results at Reno. Way to go Edwards and Alveys.

Maybe there is some truth to Justin calling out some of the Crazy Old Guys Inters for being Baggers, not that they are baggers but that they are hauling at expert speed. I had to update Brent when he was in Hawaii that they need to move Dillie back to Inter because he was making the X class look slow. Brent, Clift, and a bunch of others were always hovering around Dillie so that shows how fast that group has pushed each other.

Cody Kelley
NEXT

Postby Cody Kelley » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:14 pm

Yeah Jack Kelly is Killing that first strait right now. . . . He is one of the only kids that peels out down the first strait. He has got unlimited power in his legs. I think that racing the big dogs is helpin him a lot fight now.

But a family i am really suprised hasnt been mentioned yet is the Foresta's. Joey pulled Jack down the first strait every single time, but once all weekend. Plus he has a ton of track speed right now once he gets out front he is untouchable. Plus he can fight his way though if necessary. Sophia WOW Friday night was the first race i have seen her loose sense the middle of the summer!!! Then she turned around and killed it on Saturday and Sunday. PLus she was up all night on Saturday throwing up. . . . . .That family is amazing for sure.

Kale Tanner- This kid just barely turned expert and I think he hasnt missed out on a main yet. . . . Plus his legs dont quit movin around the whole track. This kid has got the drive just wait until he gets some size.

The Browns- Man for both of those kids to go and win in Guthrie amazes me an not just open or cruiser, but class mad props to those kids.

Alex-Gren
Schwinn

Postby Alex-Gren » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:26 pm

brooke oplad = Fastest girl in Utah. hands down.
She's suuuuper quick!

Return to “UtahBMX”