Bryan Oblad

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

SOblad
NEXT

Bryan Oblad

Postby SOblad » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:46 pm

One behalf of the entire Oblad family, we wish to THANK the BMX community for their outpouring of love, support, and generosity. We take it as a credit to Bryan, the family and the BMX community. THANK YOU

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Re: Bryan Oblad

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:41 pm

Steve,

The Newkirk family may not be in Utah now, but we experienced the grief of your loss in a very profound way. Thanks goes to you for being such a great Dad and Grandfather to your family. Brian was a great person and that was reflected by all that you put into your family. We regret the loss of your son, but also wish you the best in the coming years. If you ever need us, we will be there for you and the girls.

The Newkirks
~Curtis

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:29 pm

Here is a link to Vintage BMX.com where Bryan was a member, fellow BMXers across the Country paying their respects to Bryan & the Oblad family.

http://www.vintagebmx.com/community/ind ... c=27040981

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

mervin
Intense

Postby mervin » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:34 pm

Oblad Family,
We just wanted to send out our hearts and prayers to you and to say that Bryan was a great competitor and will be missed greatly. I will always remember him as he was.... a great father to his daughters, and the competitor and friend he was. I will definately miss the 29" wheels passing me down the second straight in a flash of blue and brown. I will also miss talking to him about old school bmx we pretty much started in the same year so we had a lot to talk about behind the gate. I loved racing Bryan he made me want to be a better rider.

Bryan "BIG RIG" Oblad You are missed!

Mervin

stephen kisslinger
Schwinn

Postby stephen kisslinger » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:43 am

Brian was truly a class act, with a beautiful family, i am so sorry for your loss, this man epitomized the true meaning of the word "sportsman" a great son, father and brother. for those of you who dont really know how fast he was and how much he loved BMX, let me tell you he flew and and was so excited to build up a rare old school frame and fork. Words cant explain how much respect i had for brian and family, his SPIRIT will live on!!!

bmx_tyler
Schwinn

Postby bmx_tyler » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:23 am

We are sorry to hear about the lose to the Oblad family. He will be missed.

Edvalson Family
Tyler Edvalson

Adrock
NEXT

Postby Adrock » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:23 am

What a huge loss for the BMX community, friends and family! Bryan will be missed greatly! I am fairly new to the BMX community (been racing for a year now), but I am amazed at the love and support from all. Such a tight and supportive group of people! I was there the night Bryan left us and what a tragic and heart breaking experience it was. I will never forget what I experienced that night! I will also never forget the smile that was always on Bryan face, the joy and happiness that was always around him. I was not tight with him, but spoke to him every time I was at the track. He was so enthusiastic about the sport and always expressed his love and support for his girls! I missed the memorial on Sunday; as emotional as it was, it sounds like much love and support was present. My heart goes out to everyone! R.I.P. Bryan
AS

Lee_Geddings
Intense

Postby Lee_Geddings » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:29 am

I returned home last night after taking the weekend off from racing to the devastating news of Bryan. I am so sorry to hear this and our hearts go out to the Oblad family.

The Geddings
Lee Geddings
Team Manager
libertybmxracing@msn.com
(801) 510-5333

BMXER4LIFE
Master of the Snap

Postby BMXER4LIFE » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:21 pm

I ran into Chris Park yesturday nd he informed me of the tragic news of Bryan's passing. I had the opportunity to race against both he and his brother many times. He was a great individual and he will, I'm sure, be missed by all. My heart goes out to his family and all those he left behind.

Travis White

BMXBOB
Huffy

Postby BMXBOB » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:31 pm

I am saddened by the tragic loss of our pal Bryan. He was a tremendous athlete, friend, a dude, and a brother in bmx. These are just a few names to define a guy that we all know in one way or another. Me and my family want to express our deepest of condolences to the loved ones Bryan left behind......"Mail Man Mike", I am here man if you need someone to talk to, I know a thing or two about what you may be going through and the healing we gain from leaning on our friends and family for support.

Your Pal, Bob
Git Some! -Bob

Return to “UtahBMX”