D.P. double update w/ pics.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

D.P. double update w/ pics.

Postby bnd » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:31 pm

I was able to make it out to Tooele today & was really amazed at all the work Darrin & Pete have done.

1st straight - just some TLC with what is there.

2nd straight - Same table coming out of the turn but the triple is going to be made into a "camel back" courtesy of Virgin BMX.

3rd straight - Talk about a great job here! Darrin re-built every jump on the left, stretched them out to 13ft' peak to peak & added another at the end, very, very nice job. The "Pro section" is being re-built & is getting the jumps moved around including a new one at the end.

Last sweeper corner - Same, just some tlc.

Last straight(s) - Left side, the hill leading you into the 1st set is getting raised 1-2ft' so your going to have a bigger,steeper platform sending you into that section. Thae section is now going to be 16ft' dubs, 3 in a row with the last one closer to the finishline so there will be some pedels needed between the 2nd & 3rd jump.
Right side rythem section - Basically some TLC with a new jump at the end of it.

We talked about the problem with the sunset getting into the eyes of the riders & we think we have a solution for now. 2 big posts on the backside of the berm & then a big banner stretched across them sitting 4-5 ft' high above the berm & right in line with the sunset. It should work. Darrin is thinking about building a new announcing tower on the backside of the berm at the entry point.
So the news for next week goes like this.........if Darrin & Pete can get most of the work done to the track by next Saturday, minimal work is needed to get things going. Darrin says if it all comes together we can haul out the big stereo, ride the track & maybe (I'll pull it out 8) get the gate set up for some gate practice.

I'll post an update next Thursday-Friday.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

JasonStout
GT

Re: D.P. double update w/ pics.

Postby JasonStout » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:49 am

It all looks great!

Come get track ideas down here anytime!

Jason Stout
"Push to the line!"

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:18 pm

I talked to Darrin & he said since there is a chance of rain, please call first if you want to come out & ride/work. Feel free to call him @ 435-849-3074.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:01 pm

Thursday is also going to be a night of "tweaks" to the track. Dan Patterson.......the pro section down the 3rd straight is still pretty rough, if Robbie or anybody else wants to put their 2 cents in & trust me Darrin listens, that night is the night. If you can't make it out post up here & I'll make sure Darrin gets the word.

b.

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Postby Diesel » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:41 pm

We would really like to be there but we are going to Bakersfield. Wednesday night would have been better. Is the track rideable? If it is, what about this Sunday? LMK! In any case, we will come out there and help with the 3rd straight.

We all love going out to DP on Saturday nights! Really like the idea of the wall behind the first turn to block the sun. I would think anything done to help this problem would be much appreciated by all. Another thing to consider might be to bump race time an hour to let the sun go down. That track lighting has always been great! The wall would have to be really tall to do any good for the 1st round. With that light colored moon dirt and the sun, it's tough to deal with that first obstacle as well.

Diesel
Man made Global Warming is a HOAX!
Al Gore and his boy's gonna take you to the cleaners while they get bank!
Stop Obamacare, Cap and Tax and Alien Amnesty!

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Tue May 05, 2009 10:48 am

polarized lenses....

:)

JS
"Push to the line!"

Return to “UtahBMX”