Just getting started

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

Scott Mckay
GT

Just getting started

Postby Scott Mckay » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:09 am

Hello everyone.

We just got our son Wyatt who is 8 racing up in Davis Co. he has raced 9 times now and loves it. Un"fortune"itly I have gottin hooked too. No you will never catch me racing I hope. All you adults wrecking and getting hauled off have put that idea in check. I'm allready on his second race bike but I tell him it is mine and he just gets to ride it at the races.

Everybody has been wonderful in helping us and being friendly. I was worried about the crowd and the type of children that would be there. When we left the first night I was shocked at how friendly everyone was and how respectible the children were with each other.

Well I'm sure I have gone overbored with my sons bike but there are sure a lot of sweet rides with setups and paint jobs. That is whats fun for me. Is there a place on this board that talks about bike setups, frames and the weight of bikes and bike parts, where to buy certain things etc...?

Anyways I look forward to the races ahead and a special thanks to the great Photos on truebmx.com that place is awesome. I sat next to you guys at the race and you were showing me the book you had made. Thats amasing. Sorry I don't remember names that well one more time and I'll remember.
... Speed Costs

.... HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO ????

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:41 pm

Welcome to the site!

b.

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:34 pm

As bnd said, Welcome to the site! And our Utah BMX community!

Well I'm sure I have gone overbored with my sons bike but there are sure a lot of sweet rides with setups and paint jobs. That is whats fun for me. Is there a place on this board that talks about bike setups, frames and the weight of bikes and bike parts, where to buy certain things etc...?

There is no "official" section dedicated to those discussions, however, there are plenty of threads that have been started. I would be more than happy to set up a specific category for these type of posts and discussions if it would be worthwhile?
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Jackie
GT

Come on dad get out and ride

Postby Jackie » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:00 pm

Most of us adult riders started out just like you hauling our kids to practice and races. I am warning you, you will get the bug and want to ride. So don't fight it just start building you a bike and come out and have fun. :D

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:50 pm

ditto...

I took my 4 year-old out to the track and I'm the one who's hooked the most! Just jump right on in, the racing is fun!

Scott Mckay
GT

Postby Scott Mckay » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:25 am

Yeah I think I'll keep fighting it pretty bad? I've allready been eyeing some new rides. Just for practice you know to help understand and practice with the kids and show them the old man can still take em. My 8 yr. old thinks he can beat me.

... Speed Costs

.... HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO ????

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:51 am

Scott Mckay wrote:My 8 yr. old thinks he can beat me.
It sounds like you're going to have to show him what's up...

Return to “UtahBMX”