new and not so new thoughts on BMX promotion

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

Postby greg » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:42 pm

b2,
There's all kinds of possibilities with advertising at Rad Canyon. Can you help me set up a meeting with someone at Xmission to discuss what we can do for them?

Gallo, we need to discuss what would be needed to enhance Rad Canyon's web presence.

Please, both of you email me at greg@utahbmx.com or call me at 347-9933 to get some dialog going.
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

joeynsophia
Intense

New rider orientation

Postby joeynsophia » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:35 am

After speaking with Ron last week, My family is going to take on the task of New rider orientation and retention. We have come up with some ideas on how to make the sport just a little more friendly to the new riders and families while focusing on retaining and tracking the new folks. We are putting together a new rider information packet that contains explainations on equipment, rules, schedule, contact information, resources and helpful hints.

We would love input and help from anyone who is interested in this topic. We will be out at the track on tuesday and would love to talk to those who have some ideas on how to help the new riders get "hooked" on this great sport. Just ask Ron or Jason to point us out......you can also call my cell....801-558-7857

Steve and Ashli Foresta

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:44 am

Steve,

If possible, I'd love to get one of those packets from you and web-itize it for the site (both UtahBMX and RAD's site). It sounds like that will provide the platform for information I was looking to update.
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

shifter
Intense

Re: New rider orientation

Postby shifter » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:52 pm

joeynsophia wrote:We have come up with some ideas on how to make the sport just a little more friendly to the new riders and families while focusing on retaining and tracking the new folks.

Chances are high that I'll come by tomorrow night after MX practice, you can implant a tracking chip in me at that point if you wish.

I moto from about 3:30 til 5:45/6:00ish on Tues and Thurs, 6:30 works perfect.

Punk-Biker940
GT

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:53 pm

I think we should get more girls in utah to race so I actually have a class for once hahaha

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:54 pm

I think we should get more girls in utah to race so I actually have a class for once hahaha

Since I race like a girl, I keep asking to be put in your class, but it never seems to happen :) HAHA
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

UtahLori
Utah's Girl Pro Mom

Postby UtahLori » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:53 pm

The web presence with this site and others has been a huge improvement over the last few years. I know we all apreciate what Gallo is doing and what Travis and others have done in the past. It is so great to be able to log on from anywhere to get schedules and access info.

It was not that many years ago that we would wait excitedly for the photographers to come a few times a season to get the same quality of pics we now have all the time. Thank you Gallo for this, too.

I love the idea Greg had about asking the different groups to do the National anthem. People are always looking for a place to perform and the more variety of people we can make aware of what we do, the more the word will spread.

Good ideas....
You can't always change your destination overnight but you can change your direction.

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:58 pm

Tonight I started emailing a friend who is a reporter for KSL TV--telling him how sweet it would be to do a tie-in story to local BMX while the dew tour is in town that's getting mad press. I told him about tomorrow being a race night and although short notice it would be great to have a camera and reporter come out... it may be too late of notice for him but I'll try to keep working him on it.

If he contacts me, who's names/numbers should I give him for a contact at RC? This? Or someone else/in addition to?
RadCanyonBMX.com Contact Us page wrote:Via Phone: Ron Melton @ (801)699-9575

Or Email...

Due to current server issues with our email, please send any contact messages directly to radcanyonbmx@radcanyonbmx.com. Thank you!

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:45 pm

Brent
Have him email me at rjmelton@kw.com or call me at 860-9357
I am Ron's son Jason and am on the web more than he is!
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:59 pm

mackdaddy wrote:Brent
If I hear back from him I most certainly will--hopefully I will hear from him!

edit: Looks like he's in St. George... hmmm.

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:55 pm

b2 wrote:
mackdaddy wrote:Brent
If I hear back from him I most certainly will--hopefully I will hear from him!

edit: Looks like he's in St. George... hmmm.
He said he passed my email to the reporter who's been doing the AST dew tour stuff as my friend is in St. George... i've heard nothing otherwise... maybe we'll have a surprise tonight?

Return to “UtahBMX”