So, how do you spend your days?

Any topic you want. Put your suit on and enjoy the bubbles. Just don't make your own!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

JasonStout
GT

So, how do you spend your days?

Postby JasonStout » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:26 am

So we had a little thread about working out and stuff, but what about the rest of life.

How do you all spend your days? Let's get to know each other better. Believe it or not, we all have lives outside of BMX, so what do you all do?

Ok, I'll start.

MWF- I'm in school working on my M. Ed. at USU. My emphasis is in P.E. and Health. I study, or write stuff about coaching, motor learning, sports psychology, automated stages of performance, or proprioception. I plan to be "Master Jason" by the end of the summer.

I also mow lawns on these days. April-October I run a two lawn businesses.(

( Hey teenage bmx kids. I need about 4,000 flyers handed out in the month of April. Contact me if you want a "spring" job. )

I mow in Cache Valley on Wednesdays, and Salt Lake on Fridays. I schedule the SL lawns on Fridays so I can come race the Thursday race at Rad Canyon.

Tuesday & Thursday are busy. I teach weight training, jogging, and two volleyball classes here at USU. I also coach the men's volleyball club team. I also sneak a couple of classes in between the ones I teach. These are busy days that start early and go late.

Friday-Saturdays are dedicated to fun! Racing, sports, concerts, or going out on the town.

Sundays are the Lords. I do the church thing and then the rest of Sunday stuff- (which usually consists of a long nap and family time!)

My nights are filled with intramural sports, symphony practice, or chasing Shellie around (my sponsor). I've played the violin since I was 5 years old- the same year I started bmx. Okay- there is a skeleton overview of my life. Come on- bore me with your life- I bored you with mine! ;)

Okay- what about you? How do you spend your days? Kids- tell us all about it! Grown ups, how do you fill the time between races?

JS
Last edited by JasonStout on Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:39 am

When I'm not going to the gym, my Chinchilla ranch in my basement keeps me plenty busy.

b.

justinsbmxmom
SE Floval Flyer

Postby justinsbmxmom » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:55 am

Our summer is going to be crazy. Right now Justin has karate Mondays and Wednesdays. When racing starts, we'll have races Tuesdays and Thursdays add to that schedule. Saturdays are spent at soccer games and swimming lessons. Friday nights we like to go to a movie, rent a movie, or out to eat. Sundays are spent cleaning the house and getting ready for the next week.
I work 10-12 hour days at Merit.
Jenni - SE Ridin' BMX Chic

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:26 am

Work right now takes up a majority of my time. I'm working 7am-6pm mon thru fri, and 8am-2pm on saturday.

On weeknights, when I get home from work we usually eat dinner, then talk to the kids about their day, homework, etc. They are usually in bed by 9, and then I'll go downstairs and usually get on the computer for various reasons. Lately I've been trying to sneak in some workouts between my computer time. I try to finish up and get to bed sometime around 11pm, though usually it's closer to midnight. Then it's back up at 5:30 the next morning to do it all over again.

On the weekends my time is usually spent cleaning the house, doing laundry, and trying to work on the mountain of clothes that always need ironing. Usually I work on updating the polls and front page picture on UtahBMX.com first thing on sunday morning.
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:44 pm

I'm awake a 5:05 every morning so that I can be at the bus stop by 6:42 a.m.
I got to school and work my butt off, then I come home at 2:46.
I eat lunch and usually train or do homework.
I either help make dinner or clean something.
Eat.
Then I work on a book or whatever on my computer.
I watch a t.v. show with the family.
Then I go to bed, usually by 9:00 or so.

UNLESS: it's a race night.

Then I get home, eat a load of carbs and then go racing, where I loose to Danny and Robby yet still have fun!
Dani

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:27 pm

???

Great responses!

who else? Step up, ya'll!

JS

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

Postby greg » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:12 am

This is a hard one for me to anwer. I could write a book on what I do. It depends on what strikes my fancy at that particular time. I'm usually kind of over jelous (sp) with whatever I do, which means it can end up filling all of my waking hours.

phases I've gone through in the past (hobies)......

1) try to learn various instruments (guitar, bass, drums, recorder) I suck at all of them, so don't ask me to play.
2) classic cars (I've owned and restored 67, 68, and 69 camaros, 64 1/2, 66, and 68 mustangs)
3) stained glass
4) I consider myself a pretty decent woodwright. I've done everything from major spiral and curved staircases for multi-million dollar house, to kitchen cabinets, to miniature christmas ornaments.
5) I love studying architecture and building construction.

Lately though, it sure seems to be getting tougher and tougher to do anything other then family stuff. I work nights, so I sleep during the day. I usually get up aroung 4:30 PM, wife gets home at 5:30 PM, we do dinner, I help kids with homework or go shop for some piece of clothing they "just have to have", or whatever else seems to come up, and then I do a little something on the house (paint, decorate, plan, whatever), put the family to bed, then off to work. I'm lucky to get an hour or so of time to do the house stuff or whatever hobby I want to work on.

I'm not complaining or anything. Life just seems so busy, but it's all good.
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

Punk-Biker940
GT

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:35 pm

During Mon-Thurs:
1. Wake up at 6:45 am
2. Get ready for school
3. Go to school at about 7:30.
4. work hard the first 6 periods
5. 7th period chat with friends (that class is soooo boring)
6. work hard in 8th period.
7. come home, do homework, ride bike around the neighborhood.
8. Eat, Sleep, wake up and start over.

During the weekend:
1. Wake up around 11:00 am
2. Play outside until 2:45
3. Eat lunch
4. Play outside some more
5. Come in, eat dinner, take a shower.
6. Sleep, wake up and start over.

If a race day:
1. After my busy schedule, "carb-up"
2. Get in race clothes, load up bike
3. drive to the race track and race!!