Ranchstyle MTB race in Grand Junction.

Any topic you want. Put your suit on and enjoy the bubbles. Just don't make your own!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Ranchstyle MTB race in Grand Junction.

Postby bnd » Sat May 11, 2013 1:08 pm

A lot of the locals went to this, updates anybody?

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

joeynsophia
Intense

Re: Ranchstyle MTB race in Grand Junction.

Postby joeynsophia » Mon May 13, 2013 8:17 am

Overall it was a fantastic weekend! Lots of great riding and racing with great people.

Results:
14 and Under division
Joey Foresta- 1st Place
Shawn Yakovich-2nd Place
Kale Tanner with a 4th in his FIRST race....Kid is going to be scary fast after some more time on a big bike.

15-18 division
Brandon Olson-3rd place......Brandon was flying all weekend!!!
Kincaid Hansen- Made it to 1/8ths in his first DS race......Was looking real good.

19 and above
Phil Stevens- 2nd Place in his first Dual Slalom race
Mike Kelley- took it to all the young guns and pulled out a 4th place overall
Ian Elliot- looked good and jumped the step up but got taken out early by one of the young guns.

Cant figure out how to post pics....someone let me know and I will post some..

Steve O
NEXT

Postby Steve O » Mon May 13, 2013 8:34 am

It was a great weekend for all. It was a great suprise when we found out Belly and Kincade were coming and with very little practice they both did great considering neither one of them has ever put tires on a dual slalom course before.

As Steve said Kale Tanner was flying, almost too big at times and I think he might have made Brookes' heart stop working for a few minutes a couple times. We all need to watch this kid cause he has what it takes but the best moment came when we tricked him into trying wasabi at the sushi place. The face he made was priceless.

Joey was pulling high speed scrubs that would make James Stewart proud and as usual he won pretty easily.

I was very proud of how Brandon rode, Going up against 17 year olds all weekend and he took it to them.

Big thanks to Will and Phil at Laketown for the support and Coach Foresta for all that you do.

Sundance DH race is in 2 weeks on Memorial Day so if you want to watch these kids on the big bikes come out and watch. Always a great time.

Kalesmom&dad
NEXT

Postby Kalesmom&dad » Mon May 13, 2013 11:18 am

This may not be the forum for this, but I want to say thank you to both Steve's for their super nice comments! We could not be happier to have such great friends in BMX and Mountain Biking. Both of your kids are great examples for kale and we appreciate them being so great & working with him. To Monster Mike you are like a second father to kale and we think the world of you and your family! How fortunate we are to know you! Joey Foresta gave up his first place prize to kale yesterday... how many kids would've been that thoughtful?? Ian Elliott is always a fun guy and He and Heather may not have any genetic children, but I know kale and hundreds of kids at Rad that could go to them for anything, as if they were their parents! Thanks to will and Phil at Laketown Bikes for making kale feel welcome and working on his bike. Heres to some great kids and friends! it was a great weekend and I can't wait to do it again!

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue May 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Welcome to the site.

Here's some vid of the race...................

http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/features/Ranchstyle-Super-Slalom,20878/NoahColorado,128

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Return to “UtahBMX Hot Tub”